2014 Croatia Cup JGP Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Croatia Cup JGP Ladies SP

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel badly for Proklova, I hope she is not hurting herself by skating too soon.

Happy to see Karen in first place - good luck to her in the FS! Karen is also bouncing back from her injury as well, glad she's looking stronger.

TMC

Record Breaker
Yeah, i love the fact she does the 3Z and then BAM, the 2A to the music.

In any case, Karen Chen might be a sleeper for the medals in U.S. Ladies (she is competing at the senior level nationally this year).

That 2A was my favourite as well. I got chills!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ouch.. totally missed this one live while busy at work. Nice to see Karen appear to be doing well, hope she can keep it up with the FS! Improvement from last outings. Fingers crossed. Now where are the vids....

Ahh.. found it! (Palm patters heart)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKRZYGLrFUg

Meoima

Match Penalty
I feel badly for Proklova, I hope she is not hurting herself by skating too soon.
Happy to see Karen in first place - good luck to her in the FS! Karen is also bouncing back from her injury as well, glad she's looking stronger.
I wonder why Russian Fed let her skate when she's not ready, they didn't check on her?

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
Wow, that was a solid skate from Karen Chen! Although I keep wondering if she knows what music she is actually skating to in the second part of her program and if she saw the movie. I wish her choice was more age appropriate. Anyway, I hope she'll make it to the Final - I would hate to watch only 2 countries (Japan and Russia) competing in the Final!

nadster

Final Flight
I can see sending one unknown but send one of the seasoned ones as well. That way the 'new' one has less pressure. It worked the last couple of years when Alaine and Gabby were still doing JRs. The second one at the events ended up doing much better then they have this year. And in fact Dunley even beat Alaine in her JGP event last year.

The problem is that this year Canada has no veterans to fall on really.

Deservedly both Chartrand and Daleman are full time seniors now.

Seguin got a senior GP to avoid forcing her to compete at the challenge a week before travelling to Spain for the pairs JGPF. With Osmond out of the senior GP Seguin was the only other lady left who was even reasonably ready for a senior GP.

Canada will have to hope that Selena Zhao skates lights out at JW to maximize JGP slots next season as IMO she is the only one who even has a remote chance of a top 3 country finish at JW. She will have to skate 2 great programs ( has had problems with FS thus far internationally ).

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Both will get in - don't worry. Liu/Johnson had two falls yet they still were kept in the top 3. And Karen will win this event no problem - her GEO and PCS will keep her in 1st. And I am not so sure Parsons/Parsons will not get the win here too! A JGP Final without any USA teams would not be a good thing. And since this is the last event, things can fall into place nicely.

You can't be serious. Chen was 1st after SP in Ostrava too. Do you know where she's ended up? 3rd place. Besides her FP is weak IMO. I'm not saying she's not gonna win. She probably will win. But no need to give her gold medal before the skate.
And no way in hell Parsons/Parsons will win Ice Dance event.

gotoschool

Medalist
Really impressed with Karen, even though I haven't had a lot of time to watch her performance. Only saw it once. But, she has a great combination of power, grace and completeness. She has become one of my favorites. However, it is still Maria's style and elegance that sticks in my mind the most from this competition. Maybe the ideal she impresses in my memory doesn't quite measure up to reality, but her movements and gestures are so elegant, sophisticated and expressive that I forget the slight technical bobbles on her jumps and her relative lack of speed. Evidently, the call on Maria's lutz cost her most of the point difference between her and Karen. I agree with those who think the penalty is too stiff. I did feel for Alexandra Prokolova because I could see a spark in there that she just couldn't quite get ignited because of her jumps. Evgenia and Maria really impress me with their artistry and spins and Wakaba with her jumps and skating skating skills. Maybe I will feel the same for Karen with one more wonderful performance, like she just gave in the SP.

Sackie

Medalist
You can't be serious. Chen was 1st after SP in Ostrava too. Do you know where she's ended up? 3rd place. Besides her FP is weak IMO. I'm not saying she's not gonna win. She probably will win. But no need to give her gold medal before the skate.
And no way in hell Parsons/Parsons will win Ice Dance event.

Do you still think the Parsons have no chance. They are almost tied with Y/M in the short dance and Y/M seem to be struggling with their levels. And most people did not think they would lose worlds last year after the strong JGP they had - but it happened.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Do you still think the Parsons have no chance. They are almost tied with Y/M in the short dance and Y/M seem to be struggling with their levels. And most people did not think they would lose worlds last year after the strong JGP they had - but it happened.

Y/M are struggling with their SD it's true - it happened at their first JGP also (they were in second place after the SD). But their FD is very strong - head and shoulders above the rest of the junior couples curently competing and scored well above 90 points at their last competition. They will not lose unless major disaster happens.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

The issue is that P/P's free dance PB is a whopping 13 points lower than Y/M. The lower levels on the sequences were bad for Y/M, yes, but their GOEs were stronger and their PCS were higher. P/P could still win, but it would take them skating at their absolute best and Y/M making a lot of costly errors.

I'd like to see a US team in there, but it looks like it'll be thisclose and more dependent on M/Z dropping to 5th.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

Yes. I'm still SURE the Parsons have no chance. Wanna bet? :biggrin:

MalAssada

Medalist
So guys, I searched in the ISU page but I couldn't find the info: When is Ladies' FS happening?

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Oct. 11 - 3:00 pm (GMT +1:00)

use world time buddy if you need help with the time

edit: just noticed that Chemistry66 already posted it! whoops

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I have a feeling that Maria is on the road to gain back her full capacity. She did better here than two weeks ago, and I can see she is more confident; Her 2013 GPF SP performance was a master piece, so I know what she is capable of.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought the same thing...well....maybe just a step in the right direction. She still has a minefield of jumps ahead of her but she looked much more confident this week and I feel the same way as you. She looks to be on the right track.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Among the current ladies field (senior-junior), the one I'm really excited for is Maria Sotskova. Maybe most of you don't think that she has a special talent, I don't know why I love her this much, too. Maybe because I like introverted and elegant skaters.