2014 Croatia Cup JGP Ladies SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Croatia Cup JGP Ladies SP

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Combo was 3T<. Otherwise she did good. 2nd place will be enough for GPF.

Edit: But I think she still have a good shot for the win. Chen's last FP was disastrous.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Question: does proklova have to win to qualify for the jgpf?

The only way she could NOT win and still get in is if she gets second, scores a high enough total to beat Turzynbaeva's, AND none of Sotskova/Chen/Rajicova win.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Good job Maria :clap: Hope she will skate like this in the free skate and she may even have chance to win since Karen is usually making mistakes. Good luck:yay:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
This is an interesting mix of "A Thousand Years"

And I don't mind the dark tights, but it looks weird with the amount of mesh on the bodice of her outfit.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
After 4 groups (2 left):

1 Karen CHEN USA 62.71 1
2 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS 58.48 2
3 Nicole RAJICOVA SVK 54.62 3
4 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS 51.30 4
5 Diana NIKITINA LAT 49.26 5
6 Ivett TOTH HUN 48.27 6
7 Emiri NAGATA JPN 47.38 7
8 Deimante KIZALAITE LTU 44.47 8
9 Hwi CHOI KOR 44.30 9
10 Netta SCHREIBER ISR 44.27 10
11 Guia Maria TAGLIAPIETRA ITA 43.50 11
12 Anna DUSKOVA CZE 39.10 12
13 Anastasia GALUSTYAN ARM 39.03 13
14 Viveca LINDFORS FIN 38.84 14
15 Grace LIN CAN 37.42 15
16 Teodora MARKOVA BUL 34.53 16
17 Elif ERDEM TUR 29.73 17
18 Daria BATURA BLR 29.60 18
19 Monika PETERKA SLO 28.88 19
20 Antonia BANOVIC CRO 26.93 20

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Combo was 3T<. Otherwise she did good. 2nd place will be enough for GPF.

Edit: But I think she still have a good shot for the win. Chen's last FP was disastrous.

Or Chen might turn in a better skate! :) I would like to see these two both get in. Karen's is one of two hopes for a USA team to get into JGPF! (Liu/Johnson look good to get in pairs, but who knows).

Sackie

Medalist
Both will get in - don't worry. Liu/Johnson had two falls yet they still were kept in the top 3. And Karen will win this event no problem - her GEO and PCS will keep her in 1st. And I am not so sure Parsons/Parsons will not get the win here too! A JGP Final without any USA teams would not be a good thing. And since this is the last event, things can fall into place nicely.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Both will get in - don't worry. Liu/Johnson had two falls yet they still were kept in the top 3. And Karen will win this event no problem - her GEO and PCS will keep her in 1st. And I am not so sure Parsons/Parsons will not get the win here too! A JGP Final without any USA teams would not be a good thing. And since this is the last event, things can fall into place nicely.

If Karen turns in the same poor skate she did in CZE, she won't stay in first. I wonder if perhaps it might be smarter to not push the tech content and go for a clean skate.

I do think Liu/Johnson look good to get in, though I'd like them to perhaps sneak into second.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker

I can see Chen and Sotskova both maintaining their places and qualifying, but I don't think Parsons/Parsons will win Dance, especially after Yanovskaya/Mozgov's massive FD score from their first event. I think they're stuck relying on Morozova/Zhirnov bombing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I can see Chen and Sotskova both maintaining their places and qualifying, but I don't think Parsons/Parsons will win Dance, especially after Yanovskaya/Mozgov's massive FD score from their first event. I think they're stuck relying on Morozova/Zhirnov bombing.

And bomb big time they will have to do -- like somehow end up in 5th or lower.

Sackie

Medalist
Wow what is up with the young Can Jr Ladies this season. It seems they get worse with their 2nd time out rather than improve! And not just worse but their scores drop drastically! I am sure the powers that be has their reasons for sending some of the younger girls who did not even place well at nationals but I can't see what it could be after the results we have seen this season.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wow what is up with the young Can Jr Ladies this season. It seems they get worse with their 2nd time out rather than improve! And not just worse but their scores drop drastically! I am sure the powers that be has their reasons for sending some of the younger girls who did not even place well at nationals but I can't see what it could be after the results we have seen this season.

I imagine Canada probably thought they'd make the best use of a rare 2-per-event year thanks to Alaine Chartrand's 5th at 2014 Junior Worlds. It's something they probably don't expect to happen again.

robinhood

Rinkside
I loved Karen! I hope she can deal with puberty just fine
What's the deal with Rajicova? I can't understand her PCS so far behind the Russians and American. For me she was much better than Sotskova and her jumps should garner more GOE than her too

Sackie

Medalist
I can see sending one unknown but send one of the seasoned ones as well. That way the 'new' one has less pressure. It worked the last couple of years when Alaine and Gabby were still doing JRs. The second one at the events ended up doing much better then they have this year. And in fact Dunley even beat Alaine in her JGP event last year.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I loved Karen! I hope she can deal with puberty just fine
What's the deal with Rajicova? I can't understand her PCS so far behind the Russians and American. For me she was much better than Sotskova and her jumps should garner more GOE than her too
Because she's from Slovakya. I was impressed by her, too.

Sackie

Medalist
I have often wondered what the GOE and PCS marks would be for some of the top skaters if we didn't know what country they were skating for! ;-) It seems some of the bigger skating countries do seem to get bonus marks in these areas.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I can see sending one unknown but send one of the seasoned ones as well. That way the 'new' one has less pressure. It worked the last couple of years when Alaine and Gabby were still doing JRs. The second one at the events ended up doing much better then they have this year. And in fact Dunley even beat Alaine in her JGP event last year.

Who would you consider seasoned enough to send, with Chartrand and Daleman doing SGP? (I honestly don't know much about the Canadian juniors.)

And Re: Rajicova - Her parents moved to the US from Slovakia, and when she competed on the US circuit, she made it to Championships but never placed very high. Competing for Slovakia seems like a choice to get her international experience.