2014 Croatia Cup JGP Free Dance | Golden Skate

2014 Croatia Cup JGP Free Dance

auser

Record Breaker
Thank you Doris.

Its great to be able to watch this live:). Any one else watching:popcorn:?

Irina89

On the Ice
Seriously? What a joke....But it guess there had to be an American couple in the final...

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Anna&Sergey were just fantastic!! I become a fan of theirs, such a beautiful couple! (Sergei is really hot:love:)

Parsons&Parsons look juniorish comparing to Y/M. They are talented and I love Notre Dame de Paris musical, but they just didn't impress me.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Anna&Sergey were held down, I am guessing low levels again.
The Technical speciallist here does not like the Russian couples I assume

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist

Right. Dance is half performance, half politicking branch in figure skating.

Also Morozova/Zhirnov's TES is really low.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist

I agree. I love Anna and Sergey and I think they have better technique than Americans, so it was definitely levels again.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
BTW I really loved the energy and presentation of Hungarian couple.

Strong and confident performance of Morozova&Zhirnov placed really low:bang:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Right. Dance is half performance, half politicking branch in figure skating.

Also Morozova/Zhirnov's TES is really low.

Kind of expected. Let's see if Morozova/Zhirnov can hold on their 4th place. If so, and correct me if I am wrong, they advance in the final, right?

Lyinna

Rinkside
I'm thinking the same, weird that Morozova/Zhirnov are 11 points below what they have done in their last GP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Parsons made the final last year, so it's not like they're chopped liver. Also they both came in with similar scores, just that Parsons had a tougher first event. The conspiracy therory is not necessary. Besides, they didn't make it so it's a moot point.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So now both Russian couples advance in the final, right?
Some dubious judging here at this competition overall. Feels like both Russian couples were held down while others were held up.
Let's see how Anna/Serghei are scored in the final.

EDIT: I have nothing against the Parsons, I quite like them better than the Russian couple in forth place. I just don't understand how your scores can drop like that after skating basically the same programs just a couple of weeks ago.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
The Parsons made the final last year, so it's not like they're chopped liver. Also they both came in with similar scores, just that Parsons had a tougher first event. The conspiracy therory is not necessary. Besides, they didn't make it so it's a moot point.

Doesn't explain the fact that Russian were clearly hold down comparing to their first events.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Doesn't explain the fact that Russian were clearly hold down comparing to their first events.

You can think that, but I don't agree that's all. The Parsons were still 4 points off the PB in the SD. They are capable of getting levels.

And Anna and Sergey also had level problems at their last event as well.

Again, they both made it so moot point.

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Quite a good event, overall! I agree with the top3, all of the programs impressed me well, especially the Parsons who look a lot better than their first event, especially technically.
Y/M didn't have as much impact as in their first event for me, so I understand the lower score (even if 48 PCS for a Junior FD is still pretty impressive!), and I still think that M/Z are clearly not at the required level: they are good, yes, but they need to work a lot on their programs, this FD doesn't make any sense at all, it begins well but then you get completely lost in the middle and the last minute or so is almost "random skating" (plus, he looked extremely tired) :disagree:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Quite a good event, overall! I agree with the top3, all of the programs impressed me well, especially the Parsons who look a lot better than their first event, especially technically.
Y/M didn't have as much impact as in their first event for me, so I understand the lower score (even if 48 PCS for a Junior FD is still pretty impressive!), and I still think that M/Z are clearly not at the required level: they are good, yes, but they need to work a lot on their programs, this FD doesn't make any sense at all, it begins well but then you get completely lost in the middle and the last minute or so is almost "random skating" (plus, he looked extremely tired) :disagree:

I diagree. Their FD is one of the best dances this year. Well constructured, great timing, creative. Let me remind you that they have actually won their first event. So their marks here were so low that I can't believe it. They have lowest BV out of top 7. I think technical panel had a mission there: held them down at any price. Especially SD.
Y/M were held down too, but they are head and shoulders above the other pairs here. So it doesn't work with them.
Their BV: 32.2,
Pasons' - 36.0.
After + GOE their TES: 40.55,
Parsons - 41.42.

Mission failed. We have Russia VS Canada JGPF.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I would agree with Y/M lower score this time because they impressed me much stronger during the first event. But M/Z were scored way too low. I understand to get the Americans into the final it was up to the Ukrainians . And it could have been some sort of mission because it was hard to understand how they could receive 2 more technical points than M/Z.