2014 Skate America Men's SP 10/24 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Men's SP 10/24

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It seems like Jason will be going to the world's even if he doesn't win nationals they will find him a spot - the only one really guaranteed. This is the US great hope. They hope his pcs and style will get him to the top since they have no idea about consistency of anyone else. The pcs are a bit ridiculous in my opinion you don't have Hanyu or Fernandez or Dai or Chan here. The problem is the pcs aren't distinguished enough imho. There was some other post on this site that at the Olympics Adelina should have been a full point to a point and a half below Kim and Kostner. Well if that person was accurate , probably not, then these skaters should all lose at least a point on each pc mark Machida, Abbott, Brown are good but not that good - I know you have to go by the competition. I do think Jason was given the benefit of the doubt with the axel. I was impressed with the russian boys considering all though some silly errors by Gachinski. The Canadian boy, and he looked like a boy, does need to gain some amplitude but I was impressed he actually did some big tricks. He has grown a lot (I have read the comments and regardless if he has grown a foot since 2010 or 9 inches in the last year or 6 it is a lot and that affects spins and jumps. To still have the jumps says a lot. He will have to get a style that is his own. Machida is the new Dai I guess. The Japanese men are deep in talent.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Do ballet dancers make you :rofl: ?
It's not :rofl: but more like :think:, while I think he's great I can't help but finding his movements...too dramatic. I mean I really want to say: "Save that drama for your Sym 9 LP, Tatsuki."

You know I believe that his LP will be a wonderful program but it will definitely be an extremely dramatic program (from the pratice footage). At this rate I can see Tatsuki with 2 dramatic programs in 1 season (both SP and LP). Kinda monotonous IMO. :think: Or we can say in this way: "giving it too much"

Some contrast should be nice. :p

lavender

Record Breaker
It's not :rofl: but more like :think:, while I think he's great I can't help but finding his movements...too dramatic. I mean I really want to say: "Save that drama for your Sym 9 LP, Tatsuki."

You know I believe that his LP will be a wonderful program but it will definitely be an extremely dramatic program (from the pratice footage). At this rate I can see Tatsuki with 2 dramatic programs in 1 season (both SP and LP). Kinda monotonous IMO. :think: Or we can say in this way: "giving it too much"

Some contrast should be nice. :p

I agree and all I think of is him trying to be Dai, whom I love so although he's nice I'm not a fan.

balletanddancefan

On the Ice
A Man skating like a Lady is not a bad thing if he can do the Men things. Hanyu skates like a Lady with Triple Axels and quads, or one may say he skates as a Man with Bielmann, spirals, Ina Bauer, etc. A flexible and strong skater, Man or Lady, skates with the best of both disciplines. There aren't many of them around. Flexibility and jumping prowess don't usually mix.

Yes! There is no female dancers and men dancers! There are only a good dancer or not! Artists or not! And it also takes discipline on the ice! Otherwise it is enough to measure jumps quads, height and so on. The figure skating should not be a circus but an art !.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To me, his skating is like watching a lady skating.

A Man skating like a Lady is not a bad thing if he can do the Men things. Hanyu skates like a Lady with Triple Axels and quads, or one may say he skates as a Man with Bielmann, spirals, Ina Bauer, etc. A flexible and strong skater, Man or Lady, skates with the best of both disciplines. There aren't many of them around. Flexibility and jumping prowess don't usually mix.

So much sexist tripe in here that I can't even.

It seems like Jason will be going to the world's even if he doesn't win nationals they will find him a spot - the only one really guaranteed. This is the US great hope. They hope his pcs and style will get him to the top since they have no idea about consistency of anyone else. The pcs are a bit ridiculous in my opinion you don't have Hanyu or Fernandez or Dai or Chan here. The problem is the pcs aren't distinguished enough imho.

Oh for goodness' sake, now you with this rubbish too?

Last edited by a moderator:

bramweld

Record Breaker
But seriously I have re-watched D10 SP too many times. How many times have I re-watched Machida: 0. Man what a PROGRAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amei

Record Breaker
I just started watching the men's program - and I love Jeremy - but is he on a tight budget this year? His costume looks like he grabbed it from his closet

supsu

On the Ice
An illusion spin is where the skater bobs up and down from a camel position.

http://sk8stuff.com/f_recog/recog_s_illusion.htm

It was "invented" by French skater Jaquelline du Bief when she accidentally lost control of the entry to her camel spin. Here is the Golden Skate thread about it.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?51791-The-Illusion-Spin

Yes, thank you Mathman! I knew it but forgot what "illusion" is in this meaning. It's easy to forget words u hear just a few times. :)