Skate America 2014 Practice Reports | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate America 2014 Practice Reports

foruiz

Final Flight
Any reports for Michael as well? I hope that it is a much more solid run this time than in Lombardia... I really wish he does well.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Michael: working hard, full practice till the end. 3A looks good, full of youth. not bad at all, + gorgeous bellman, has her own presence in the practice group among the class of Machita and Denis.

foruiz

Final Flight
Michael: working hard, full practice till the end. 3A looks good, full of youth. not bad at all, + gorgeous bellman, has her own presence in the practice group among the class of Machita and Denis.

Thank you very much for your account yyyskate. This GP will be a very good experience for him.

treeloving

Medalist

Thank you very much, I am still piss that he only got 1 grand prix (unless there are some changes I am not aware of) due to coming from smaller federation.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
According to lynn rutherford's tweet, apparently steuer is at skate america with zimmerman and denney/frazier? very interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...289.1073741885.100000378830253&type=1&theater

Yes. According to SID Steuer has a work visa and permit for the US until 2017. The South Koreans also asked him to coach them in pairs as they have nobody until now. Good for them! The German Fed and government authorities really pissed everything off for Steuer in Chemnitz!

s_parks

Record Breaker

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Maia wins the sp prettiest dress contest for me. Black long sleeves with sheer lace top half and gorgeous gold bling. Alex costume traditional Paso with gold trim. Bet it's heavy! :p. Not sure about Madison hair style. It was in her face all the time and I found that distracting.

You can clearly count on me for the important reports lol.

burntBREAD

Medalist
It's being reported that Stepanova had a bad fall/hit the boards very hard in practice and left the ice; she is reportedly being taken to the hospital for X-ray...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
It's being reported that Stepanova had a bad fall/hit the boards very hard in practice and left the ice; she is reportedly being taken to the hospital for X-ray...
The fall happened just as I came into the arena. I didn't really see it but it was LOUD. They/she must have hit the boards super hard. :( he skated alone when their music came up. Tat was decked in fur at the boards.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Watching the men take the ice with such SPEED reminds me what we miss when watching tv/streaming. Oh. And they all look so very YOUNG which reminds me of my age which I do not like to think about lol!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Video patrol is out in force. Razanno did only 1 jump spins and footwork. 3rd I think? Not good at jump id.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Bychenko to vocals. Ya I'll cry you a river. Gold and black jacket - not crazy about it.

humbaba

Final Flight
So worried for Gracie. :no:

If you're worried because of the "From the Boards" practice report, you might want to seek out other sources. That was the most negative assessment of Gracie of all the practice reports I've read.

FWIW, here's a summary of the ladies practice reports I've seen: Rad did a solid run through of her SP, although she had a problem getting too close to the boards on the 3-3. She had a few other problems during practice with getting too close to the boards, leading some to speculate she's having a little trouble adjusting to the size of the rink. She fell several times practicing jump passes, including once on the second jump of the 3-3.

Gracie's 3-3 looked good. She fell on one of her triple jumps (the loop IIRC). She popped a triple and botched another; one observer noted these mistakes happened when other skaters were close by and thought safety concerns might have contributed to her aborting those jumps.

Reviews of Mirai were mixed. Some observers thought she looked good. Others said some of her jumps looked like they might not be fully rotated.

Tuk looked pretty good by most accounts. Although I got the impression she didn't do as much full-out skating as the other ladies.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I really like the way jorik hendrickx moves across the ice. And of course his name sounds a bit like Jimmi hendrixx what's not to like about that??? (did I spell that right? Probably not)

Nam Nguyen very juniorish but cute. Lots of jump trouble. 3rd 2 ft, fall on triple no combo. Tried do do whole program.

What else? Was it the French skater who skated to opera vocals? Liked that! The sound system seems great here. Final men group taking the ice now.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
No opera wasn't french guy. I'll figure it out. French guy- no jumps but some interesting choreo. His hop type moves??

Love mc martinez. Who is coaching him? 3-3 3 ( I think) and another 3 all landed.

Jeremy. Wow I love this program. Sensitive vocals and his expressive skating. Gorgeous.

Jason. Great music choice for his personality. Crowd will go wild I think. Choreo well suited to music thank you rohene! Nice axel and nice tano lutz.