2014 Skate America FD 10/25 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America FD 10/25

Cyn

On the Ice
It absolutely cracks me up that first Zhang/Zhang, then Kostner, and now C/M skated to/are skating to the Love Theme from Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein" :rofl:

ETA: Not a fan one bit of "mirror twizzles," but C/M timed theirs perfectly with their music.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Cannuscio McManus her dress made me think of medieval times which is right down the street. Interesting lift where she is balancing upside down with one hand on his boot and he is skating on one leg. How. Do they think this stuff up? Opposite direction twizzles so hard to judge. She did have a bobble. My 2nd favorite program so far. (Without regard to scoring).

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Loved C/M!! Hope this is a huge confidence boost for them! :yes:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
For anyone having stream/audio problems: https://www.youtube.com/user/tanyasuhorukova/videos Tanya just uploaded the first of the performances, she gets them up pretty quickly, too. I believe she's done every SD & SP of SA so far, so I assume she'll upload all these as well :)

Thank you for the link--the "stream" tonight is more like a series of still pictures with occasional animated-gif-like movements. LOL! Oh, for the days of Latvian tv! (And no, I'm not kidding--the Latvian stream was like HD TV in comparison).

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I apologize for all my typos. The auto corrector on this phone us having trouble reading my mind.

Maia in gorgeous blue dress with sparkles and Alex in tux. Looks classic. Alexandra in plain rose colored dress. Bukin in gray and with his 70s born star . Maybe we could get a discount on a hair inter en ti on for him and Gachinski together.

Another tutu- they are back. This time for slovakians. He in a clown suit of some kind. I LOVE ICE DANCE!!!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Testa Csolley does everyone do the same lifts and twizzles in fd as sd? I think they did or maybe I'm remembering from fd practice yesterday. This seemed slow with a frantic quality. Maybe it was really hard. I still like the first Canadian program better.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
A night of strange falls. I really enjoy T/C but that program is just half-baked. On the other hand, the "welcome to the circus" lift may be one of my favorite dance tricks of the season. Holy mixed bag Batman!

Well this is going to wreak havoc on the ranking game. LOL!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Testa/Csolley I like their FD. Not their best skate tonight.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Step/Bukin Gorgeous dance spin. Love the low twizzle no matter what the tec panel says.

I'm not sure I love this program. Maybe it's just not fully cooked yet. They do complicated looking stuff aka lifts but to me it looks labored. I'm probably being too picky.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Man seeing some great lifts tonight!! And all the FDs have a lot of variety. Despite the sprinkling of technical mistakes, this has been such an interesting evening thus far.