2014 Skate America Pairs FS 10/26 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Pairs FS 10/26

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
It's interesting sitting above the desk where johnny and tara are
Big production lol! Crew covering up all their papers on the desk with black cloth, removing water bottles, mic'ing them up. :) will be fun to watch this at home on the replay tonight. Now they are being recorded on camera. Those lights are really bright.

2nd group on ice- good luck!

samson

Medalist
Ah terrific score for Madeline and Max! Way to improve! They've got a long way to go, but a pair of personal bests at their first grand prix is certainly a good way to get some momentum.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, he is the pairs commentator this year!

The only problem with him is Team Sappenfield overhype.

Art&Sport

Medalist
That's it -- Alexa and Chris will be behind Maddie and Max, and maybe even fall further if they don't get it together better.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Up and down program is right. Still, they seem to have been given better tech points to the leaders. But with their errors, they shouldn't medal here.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: An American in Paris by George Gershwin

She's in asymmetric blue/silver beaded dress. He's in dark blue velvet t-shirt with collar, black pants

3Tw - great height
3S - he fell, slid into boards
2A+2T
3Li
3LoTh - hard fall
FCCoSp3p
5RLi
3FTh
PCoSp3p
5ALi
ChSq
BoDs

They have good quality, but no consistency. Didn't seem into their skate

FS: 54.80+55.21-2.00 = 108.01, 168.62, 1st (out of 5)

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
So-so skate by Alexa and Chris - There were some beautiful elements (e.g., 3Tw) and then some major problems. She reminds me of Gracie gold insofar as she has this megawatt, pageant-y smile that goes on and off throughout the program. It is actually to the point of being distracting because the difference in the 'concentration' and 'smile!' facial expressions is so huge.

s_parks

Record Breaker
The eurosport commentators laughing about alexa's change of expression after the program. :laugh:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
The British Eurosport commentators are laughing so hard (very likely out of pity or embarrassment and her angry face), so I'm laughing really hard too. I am so sorry.

Well, I guess we know who is sleeping on the couch tonight. :p