Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Rooting for Brooklee to not be robbed, but I don't like her chances if she's up against darling Nagasu.

Go Queen Liza! Continue your fight to regain your throne as the true Queen of the ladies!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I'd enjoy Cesario medalling over Gold just because it'll mess with the USFSA.

I love Radionova and Tuktamysheva's programs so I think they're safe going 1-2 (specific positions TBD; I'd love Tuk on top).

Rooting for Gedevanishvili and Park to give good LPs. And for the love of Pete, those damn judges better score Meite APPROPRIATELY. A 7/12 position after the SP was just so wrong.

nox1

On the Ice
I'm hoping for Elena to do well in the free and squeak ahead of Tuk (sorry not sorry), I love her free program so much.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I wish that Gedevanishvili make a surprise bronze medal like Nam Nguyen, I would be so happy for her!! :yay:

andyjo24

Medalist
I wish that Gedevanishvili make a surprise bronze medal like Nam Nguyen, I would be so happy for her!! :yay:

I want Park to win the surprise bronze medal! She is going for a 3S+3T, 2A+3T, and 2 3Lz's, so she definitely has the chance.

I wish Gedevanishivili does well, too! Very excited here! :yay:

starlight97

Final Flight
I am convinced that, if clean, Radioniva will overtake Tuk in the FS. Sadly Liza's content is absolutely no match to Elena's.
But I like both so I will be happy either way.
And I think/fear Gracie will make more mistakes today and just throw away the biggest chance of winning sth for once she will have all season (apart from Nationals maybe)

RABID

Final Flight
So, who will feel more relaxed today, who will be nervous, who will "just go for it", who will crumble? I remember last year we all got an inkling of things to come very early in the season. This should be fun because they all know, it's begun! :popcorn:

MalAssada

Medalist
I will be happy with either Russian girl taking the gold, but since my prediction says Elena taking the gold... I hope I get home in time to watch them.

PS: I also love Lena's FP, I think that the slower song makes her presentation more in control (less rushed).

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I feel bad for putting Eliza 5th in my predictions when I've been rooting for her healthy, fierce return all along. Shame on me :disapp:

Alba

Record Breaker
I feel bad for putting Eliza 5th in my predictions when I've been rooting for her healthy, fierce return all along. Shame on me :disapp:

Don't be so hard on yourself. :)
I've been rooting for her healthy and fierce return as well, but still I don't like her skating&programs.

wanpe

On the Ice
I just hope all the ladies do their best, I'm so excited to see them show what they have prepared for this season.

Go girls!:clap:

Crystallize

On the Ice
I'm really looking forward to this. :yes: Keeping my fingers crossed that Liza will win this, but if Lena does (her FS is much better than her SP IMO), I won't be too mad. lol. Hopefully, this won't end in controversy, but this is figure skating....:popcorn:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am kind of dreading watching this but fascinated at the same time.

Well Mirai definitely have no pressure now, so might as well go for broke! (Go and put out that 3lz3T+2.5 axel) Give it all, and have her Mao moment! Hope she manage to get into the top 5 (lol right), so at least we will get to see her Gala, which is always better than her competitive programs anyway.

Liza is likely to win it (big fan of her since the beginning), but I wouldn't mind an upset just because I am evil + like to be surprised:p
Elena skating to something Russian, what can go wrong? Look forward to see her costume, she is one of the quirkiest girl around.
Don't count Gold out yet or the power of US skating federation. 7 points may be still doable! 5 points certain is.

Really interested to see So Youn and her Romeo and Juliet program. the romantic lyricism of it. Hope she skate clean, that is all I can hope for.

Good luck everyone.

andyjo24

Medalist
Agreed. I would love for Liza to win it, but if they both go clean, and judging by the score Elena got at JO, she's more likely to win.

But that was JO, which is not an official competition. I would say that Elena will get around 130 if she goes clean. Same for Liza.