2014 Skate America Ladies FS 10/26 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America Ladies FS 10/26

mary01

Final Flight
I am soo looking forward to the LP, hopefully they all are in good condition and give it their all especially Mirai, I want her to get a good placement if possible. I expect Elena to win, but wouldn't be too surprised if liza takes the gold.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
But that was JO, which is not an official competition. I would say that Elena will get around 130 if she goes clean. Same for Liza.

No, you're right, it's not. But it seems like a good indicator of who is favorited moreso over others.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd enjoy Cesario medalling over Gold just because it'll mess with the USFSA.

Yes, I'd love to see Sammi on the podium!

Good luck to all of the ladies and I hope Mirai redeems herself in the FS.

andyjo24

Medalist
I am kind of dreading watching this but fascinated at the same time.

Well Mirai definitely have no pressure now, so might as well go for broke! (Go and put out that 3lz3T+2.5 axel) Give it all, and have her Mao moment! Hope she manage to get into the top 5 (lol right), so at least we will get to see her Gala, which is always better than her competitive programs anyway.

Good luck everyone.

I thought that Mirai is planning a 3F-3T. Am I wrong?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I thought that Mirai is planning a 3F-3T. Am I wrong?

You are probably right. I am just speculating on what going for broke will mean for a skater like her. Who knows, she might do a Jeremy and skate clean like at Olympics, even downgrade some of her jumps for presentation purposes, although I doubt it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well I guess we can assume an American sweep is next to impossible. I still think while it will be hard and both Russian girls would have to be off a lot Gracie could win gold. Liza you would think is due for a bad skate; not that I want it but she has been skating at a tonne of these senior events so on the positive she should be competitive ready. On the other hand she might be a bit tired by now. We'll see. I know there was some talk about Brooklee should be in tenth and I have to say I am not so sure Mirai was all that bad.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Rooting for Brooklee to not be robbed, but I don't like her chances if she's up against darling Nagasu.

Don't worry, Mirai will be nowhere near the podium.
Waiting for Brooklee to get that Gold metal tbh. She's so amazing with those 3Lz-3Ts. She's so perfect. Liz should be worried.

elee63

Final Flight
So no live stream I'm assuming, because it's airing on NBC. Sucks to be in college and have no TV...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
You are probably right. I am just speculating on what going for broke will mean for a skater like her. Who knows, she might do a Jeremy and skate clean like at Olympics, even downgrade some of her jumps for presentation purposes, although I doubt it.

Well, Mirai does the 3A in practice (never seen it so I don't know how close she gets on the rotation) so putting that in could be "going broke". However, her focus should be on salvaging a respectable result and hopefully catching Sam. We all know, as does she, the key is rotating the jumps so hopefully she can do it!

breynows

On the Ice
Oh yeah Ladies free skate, nothing better than that :p

Wishing a very good luck for Liza, Park and All Mirai's Fans.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Please help me with the Russian live stream, all those above don't work for me. Google translate doesn't show ladies free skate in the russian site!!!