2014 Skate America GALA/Exhibition | Golden Skate

2014 Skate America GALA/Exhibition

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And if you want to hear what the British Eurosport guys think, their highlights of the Gala is due to start in 20 minutes from now.

Again, www.day.to doesn't have a British Eurosport 2 link today, but the skating is due to be on Eurosport 2 International as well, so no ned to worry.

Eurosport 2 International

CaroLiza_fan

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I was very glad that I stayed there for the gala. amazing.
Denis and Jeremy reminds people why they are Denis and Jeremy.
K/S just wow and wow.
Gracie did a new number, so cool.
Sami:eek::
Nam cute
really appreciate skaters who invest their heart into ex numbers.

samson

Medalist
Thanks so much! These are wonderful!

The Shibs should turn that ex to a FD!

I love that exhibition too! I think it might be my favorite thing they've ever done, and if I'm not mistaken I actually think Peter Tchernyshev choreographed it.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Refreshing to see Gracie skating to something else than the same reloaded princessy stuff of hers. And I think I have a crush on Jeremy Abbott:eek::
Am I the only one that feels that something is a bit wrong with Elena? Besides the jumps (I get why they are off), but that spark she ussualy has, seems a bit toned down.

Dots

Final Flight
Is it me or the Shibutani's Ex is a much better fit than their actual FD? This is the type of material Marina should be giving them. PLus this is the best costume Alex has ever had. Too often his costumes make him appear stiff and hide his arch in the back.

Please Alex! Keep this costume and retool this EX into a FD. They can keep the waltz for the GP and show a new(and better suited) FD at nationals.

MIM

Medalist
Is it me or the Shibutani's Ex is a much better fit than their actual FD? This is the type of material Marina should be giving them. PLus this is the best costume Alex has ever had. Too often his costumes make him appear stiff and hide his arch in the back.

Please Alex! Keep this costume and retool this EX into a FD. They can keep the waltz for the GP and show a new(and better suited) FD at nationals.

oooooohhhhh!!! You were not alone. I felt that, too. I felt something deep, new, and strong with watching their EX. :love:
Jeremy, Machida, Danis were also great! Bravo!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Shibs were lovely, some of those lifts were gorgeous - a more mature look for them.

I also enjoyed Gracie's EX, even though I'm not a huge Taylor Swift fan. She looked like herself out there, not the fake Disney princess.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I LOVE Machida's East of Eden (sacrilegious, I know, but I love it more than Michelle Kwan's)

I agree; thought it was beautiful. He is an awesome skater.

also loved the Shibs - elegant. My other fave was K/S; great tricks and loved the toreador outfit.

Great ending to a great competition.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Agree with everyone on Gracie's exhibition program being a great fit for her, much better than her competitive programs. She seemed so much more free, authentic, fresh, and fun in it and in the interview that preceded it than in her competitive programs. Is it blasphemous to suggest that perhaps Frank Carroll is holding her back and not allowing her to be herself in her competitive life- with packaging, music choice, choreography? Does she need- dare I say it- a new coach?? Does anyone know who choreographed her Taylor Swift program?

And agreed that the Shibutanis number is stunning. They are exquisite skaters and the relationship and connection between them in this number is really something special. What gorgeous lines they have. I think this number reveals a new depth to their skating. Could it become their competitive program? Probably not difficult enough to garner sufficient points. :(

dcnative

On the Ice
That was a stunner by the Shibs. That was a mature, beautiful presentation, better than I've ever seen from them.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Kavaguti+Smirnov :love:.
That final spin made me SO nervous though, when she was pretty much upside down while lifting her free leg up kinda toward his face. My initial reaction upon seeing it was "***", then rewind to that part several times to grasp all that lol.