First Impressions | Golden Skate

First Impressions

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
PaulE and I are here, as others I know. Some straight from SA. Beautiful place but the traffic is terrific and its not even the busy season. HOV lanes on SURFACE streets and they are on the right side of the boulevards. Prices are high also. Over 11 bucks for a fast food meal. Drivers are much better here than Spokane. Parkkng is 10 bucks a day but ghe good news is there will be parking lot attendants who take cash, not just machines that take only chip cards and twonies.

AprilS

On the Ice
Oh, I'm so jealous! This is probably the big last competition that's going to be so close to me for a while and I can't go! Hope you all have a great time though ;)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh, I'm so jealous! This is probably the big last competition that's going to be so close to me for a while and I can't go! Hope you all have a great time though ;)

We are having fun, mostly talking to each other and other friends, and trying to stay warm. Satoko is so on fire she could burn a hole in the ice Many ladies doing well. We are looking fwd to that comp. Good to see Shen and Zhoa (SP) again. Zack is so lucky. His partner is the second most beautifull woman in the world and his coach is the third!

AprilS

On the Ice
We are having fun, mostly talking to each other and other friends, and trying to stay warm. Satoko is so on fire she could burn a hole in the ice Many ladies doing well. We are looking fwd to that comp. Good to see Shen and Zhoa (SP) again. Zack is so lucky. His partner is the second most beautifull woman in the world and his coach is the third!

That's great to hear! Out of curiosity, are there any skaters that surprised you in any aspect seeing them at live practice for the first time?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
That's great to hear! Out of curiosity, are there any skaters that surprised you in any aspect seeing them at live practice for the first time?

Of course I have seen the usual suspects many times, but the two Japanese ladies I enjoyed. And there was no way I would have recognised Max A. Or Cong Han for that matter, they have changed that much. And I liked Alaine Chartrand very well, cant explain why but there ks something about her. Rika Hongo is tall and reminds me about how much I miss Miki A. I do not wish to be negative and give my opinion on some of the dance music, but PaulE had his fingers in his ears more than once! Did the broadcast both practice sessions or only the afternoon?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
..... And there was no way I would have recognised Max A. ... Did the broadcast both practice sessions or only the afternoon?

I hope you mean that Max Aaron has transformed himself in a good way. :)

Both the morning and afternoon practice sessions were streamed online yesterday, if that is what you were asking.

I did catch a bit of yesterday's morning dance practice, and I agree that Zach is a lucky guy. Madi Hubbell looked lovely.
(Wondering who the #1 most beautiful woman in the world is for you. ;) If you have a Mrs. Coyote Chris, I hope she is.)

Thx for all of your on-site reports, CC.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chris, I think we spotted you during the Universal Sports broadcast last night. Are you sitting in the first row, wearing your trademark cap?