2014 Skate Canada Free Dance 11/01 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Free Dance 11/01

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
G/P high tes 43.2 their tes 48.79.

My favorite part of that dance was pipers blue dress and their lifts.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I missed the start of the program, but what I saw looked great! I thought Piper and Paul captured the spirit and character of their program really well throughout. :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
good tech score for Piper and Paul, we'll se if it will be like that later...Overall a charming program but lacking something,..

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I loved that from Piper & Paul! Adorable, fun, and very much in the character/style of the music and time period.

Are they a couple in real life?

auser

Record Breaker
They are so not Vivienne Leigh and Clark Gable, so not Scarlett and Rhett. For one, they're just too young. For two, she is not coquettish or diva-like at all and he is not the dashing bad boy at all. For three, they don't skate with intensity, passion, or melodrama. The program does not work at all for me. and I'm a big GWTW fan and wanted to love it too.
Yeah, I want to like them because they seem likable. But I feel like they pick challenging music/themes* that might work better when they have a wee bit more experience.

*Didn't they do a Bollywood program similar to Davis/White?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
G/P high tes 43.2 their tes 48.79.

My favorite part of that dance was pipers blue dress and their lifts.

The final rotation lift/spin is wonderful, that first lift looks like a day and a half's work. But it was performed exponentially better than it has.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
H/D high tes 48.2. Their tes 46.63

This dress is much more flattering on Madison than the one last night. Like this young and modern dance for them. Especially after gwtw.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Note to Mr Donohue:

If you screw up, it is not the best idea to send the audience a Western Union telegram to that effect. The first rule of any performance: the audience won't be as aware of a screw up if you don't highlight it. You practically put kleig lights on it. And what happened to your costume? Did the airlines lose it? You look like you're skating in rehearsal clothes.

That program is NOT going to do well with the judges, who think rock and roll stopped in 1959, let alone dance music.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Note to Mr Donohue:

If you screw up, it is not the best idea to send the audience a Western Union telegram to that effect. The first rule of any performance: the audience won't be as aware of a screw up if you don't highlight it. You practically put kleig lights on it. And what happened to your costume? Did the airlines lose it? You look like you're skating in rehearsal clothes.

That program is NOT going to do well with the judges, who think rock and roll stopped in 1959, let alone dance music.

It's too bad, because it is an interesting concept (and as I've said the music is really different/modern and I like it!)

jwren

Rinkside
I really, really liked Hubbell/Donohue's FD. I thought it worked. It's their first time competing since what, February? It'll only get better from here :) What was the second deduction for, I wonder?

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Nice speed by M/K, but I found the program a bit frantic in places. Also, their costumes reminded me of skunks. :slink: