Satoko Miyahara | Page 139 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Congrats Satoko!
Finally she’s first in PCS, right where she deserves to be :)

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Congrats to Our Lady of Finest Movements Satoko!! Silver medal on a crowded field is just amazing!

moonstruck

On the Ice
Congratulations Satoko on winning silver!! I just love watching her skate every time :luv17: hoping for another great showing at Rostelecom next weekend!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Satoko's skating is just so beautiful it makes you want to cry :sad21::sad21::sad21:. Her PCS is still too low IMO.

ctake

Spectator
So happy to see Satoko not just make the podium, but get a silver when many were expecting 4th! I hope her seeing that she can still fare quite well against those with 3A or quads (even when multiple UR are called) with her PCS and competitive toughness will boost her morale for the rest of the season. :)

Doing a back-to-back with Rostelecom is going to be tough, and if she does make the Grand Prix Final her chances at a medal will be low based on her jump content. However, the other qualities of her skating are in a class of their own and it would be so fitting for her to showcase them at the final.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I found FS commentary from TAT and Yags and my friend was kind enough to translate. The gist that wasn't word for word, but the general idea is accurate:
TAT said this is profound and she had tears in her voice.
TAT went on about how she feels the music and how her style is recognizable because there’s no one like her. Yes, ur’s but she’s such a hard worker and Japan’s pride and joy. Her talent multiplied by that of her coaches and Lori. Lori has been developing her talent, giving her amazing programs every year and Satoko has grown as a perfomer. An artist on the ice. She will never jump without a carrot but she’s the first one to give me chills.
Yags said she’s one of the few skaters whose programs you want to rewatch over and over.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats Satoko. Two beautifully skated programs. Her FS is a masterpiece!

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Congrats on the silver medal, Satton!
I'm so happy for her and hope she gets on the final. We need to see more of her skating. Rika + Satoko in GPF pls :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

rei00

Rinkside
Urgh that lutz was unexpected and really really unwanted on this particular event. But **** happens...
I just wish she can get it together without such rough mistakes tomorrow. You're a strong fighter dear, you can do it!

rei00

Rinkside
I wish Satoko good luck and solid skates in Nationals! Really hope to see her in 4CC/Worlds.
Maybe I'll be able to watch online of it won't be geoblocked (then again, maybe I shouldn't X))

rei00

Rinkside
Good job with SP) lost some levels, but she performs it so well. (I'm actually starting to like the program haha)

rei00

Rinkside
Well that was heartbreaking a little (those protocols :slink:) I really hope we'll see her again this season...
Maybe her technic becoming less stable is normal due to presumably reworking it... but I'm really worried now.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well that was heartbreaking a little (those protocols :slink:) I really hope we'll see her again this season...
Maybe her technic becoming less stable is normal due to presumably reworking it... but I'm really worried now.

Yes, tough to watch. She's clearly in transition with Lee and her training so she is lacking some confidence. She might still go to Worlds if Tomoe is sent to Jr Worlds. We'll have to wait and see.