Satoko Miyahara | Page 68 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

Plumededragon

Medalist
I was so happy to see that Satoko doing well! Not surprising, seeing her live is much better than in videos! :love:
I actually started crying when her score came up. As usual, PCS too low, same old thing, but seeing that score of +74 gave an awesome feeling of relief. :laugh:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Wahoo a new personal best for her! Let's hope the good run continues into the free and maintains podium position :)

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Satoko was fantastic. Her skating is so smooth.

The inconsistency of the tech panel is just ridiculous. I feel Satoko was confused as well with her scores. :palmf:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Well first of all I'd like to thank the mods for cleaning this thread up so promptly. And secondly, for everyone's satisfaction, here's what Satoko's score would have been had they called the 3T.

2A 3.30 + 0.79 GOE = 4.09
StSq4 3.90 + 1.40 GOE = 5.30
3Lz-3T< 9.90 x - 0.60 GOE = 9.30
CCoSp4 3.50 + 0.86 GOE = 4.39
3Lo 5.61 x + 1.10 GOE = 6.71
FCSp4 3.20 + 1 GOE = 4.20
LSp4 2.70 + 1.50 GOE = 4.20

Total TES 38,19 + 33.65 PCS = 71,84

She would have been just behind Pogorilaya, 1.45 points separating her from the top 3. However, Pogorilaya got 34 PCS with a visible turn on the loop while Satoko skated clean and got 33. Make of that what you will. The competition isn't over yet, Pogorilaya can very well get those 1.45 points back in the FS, the competition isn't over until it's over, etc. I hope whoever's lurking this thread is satisfied now.

OniBan

Final Flight
I hope Satoko and Evgenia will kick some serious b*tt in the LP. Will cheer for them and channel all the good vibes!

ioanna

Record Breaker
I'm too shocked to say anything at the moment, I just hope nobody will try to set this thread on fire like it happened earlier today :laugh2:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
She did it! :cheer: I love her FS this season so much (even with the interesting Jupiter cut at the end :laugh: ) and I'm so glad she got a PB and well-deserved PCS. Lots of angry posters in the ladies event page, but what can you do. I'm happy :)

ioanna

Record Breaker
She did it! :cheer: I love her FS this season so much (even with the interesting Jupiter cut at the end :laugh: ) and I'm so glad she got a PB and well-deserved PCS. Lots of angry posters in the ladies event page, but what can you do. I'm happy :)

I hope they keep it in the event page :dumb:

Anyway scores aside, this is the best FS she's skated since Japan Open and I'm very happy with her performance today. It was good to see her satisfied of her work. :clap:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I just now realized that she defended her silver medal at GPF! (in fact, all TJ members defended their medals). Let's keep this going for the rest of the season :)

liv

Record Breaker
That LP is such a lovely program. The star wars section wins me over every time... total SW fan here :) In terms of jumping she may not be the strongest out there, but her ability to land everything she tries is fantastic.. and her dedication to improving is second to none... and the rest of her skating is wonderful... that is never in doubt. I just wish I could give her a little extra something through my tv screen to get those jumps higher, even by an inch... take away the reasons for people to mark her down and give her carrots.