Satoko Miyahara | Page 137 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

randomfan

Record Breaker
TSL just uploaded a sneak peek of Rika’s new FS. One of the comments on the video asked about Satoko’s programs, to which TSL replied that she’s not working with Tom Dickson this season. Apparently, it’s because Mie Hamada wants to keep each skater distinct?? I find this pretty interesting, and I wonder who the other choreographer will be, since I highly doubt that Lori Nichol will be doing both programs.

ctake

Spectator
TSL just uploaded a sneak peek of Rika’s new FS. One of the comments on the video asked about Satoko’s programs, to which TSL replied that she’s not working with Tom Dickson this season. Apparently, it’s because Mie Hamada wants to keep each skater distinct?? I find this pretty interesting, and I wonder who the other choreographer will be, since I highly doubt that Lori Nichol will be doing both programs.

Satoko worked with Benoit last month: https://twitter.com/dailysatton/status/1121724290125193217

but I feel like if it was for a competitive program he would have posted something more than just this, given that he posted additional photos with Yuna Shiraiwa after he choreographed her FS.

I'm sad she won't be working with Tom this year, but I am interested to see what she'll be doing instead. I think a Lori FS that's at the level of Sayuri or Song for the Little Sparrow + a fun, upbeat Stephane/Jeff Buttle/Shae Lynn SP would be a good combination. If she is in fact getting a Benoit program, I'd be intrigued since based on his past interview with TSL he seems to really care about each skater that he works with and he tries to create something unique to them. With his outside the box thinking and her artistic talent & attention to detail, I think they could create something special.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Man, this is the first time I haven't immediately connected with one of Satoko's programs. I really hope the FS is great.

amonemae

Rinkside
Man, this is the first time I haven't immediately connected with one of Satoko's programs. I really hope the FS is great.

I am also a bit concerned about the SP. :( I found the music cuts very lazy, it's literally one song after the other and it doesn't build to anything. The choreography also feels too basic for a skater of Satoko's skill, she can do way more than that choreo asks of her :(

ime

Rinkside
So Satoko gets both COC and COR......with no gap week in between....... It must be tired, but fortunately the fields are....not that tough , compare to others..... Still, good luck Satoko for the upcoming season!

Plus, taking about the earlier season computation, Satoko is invited to Japan Open this year~ (Again!
https://t.co/6GAzxbnkTv

rei00

Rinkside

This is the first time during her senior career I just don't like her program too. I didn't think such thing is possible given she's my absolute favourite skater from what, 2014-2015? it looks like something meant for some random mediocre skater to me...
I guess she's experimenting.
But this is underdeveloped summer show version. I'll wait for the main competitions to judge it again.
And pray for beautiful FS.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
This may be an unpopular opinion but I love this sport program. Been listening to the music countless times since FAOI. Can't wait to see how it evolves.

The FS will be stunning in my opinion, calling it now. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
This may be an unpopular opinion but I love this sport program. Been listening to the music countless times since FAOI. Can't wait to see how it evolves.

The FS will be stunning in my opinion, calling it now. :)

I agree. I just love this new side of Satoko. She is a natural performer so I am sure once the GP season starts she will give her all to this program. I already like it. Her FS will surely be a beauty.

zach6794

Spectator
I worry Satoko's time is coming to an end. This is the trajectory of 4th at the olympics (Mirai, Gracie). It seems Rhika and Kaori are the new 1 and 2 of Japan, and I wonder if Wakaba, Mai, possibly Marin (a stretch, but it is year 2 with raf, when changes may show more), or another skater may join them. Satoko's jumps are so small, that i cannot see her getting new jumps, and bc they are small her PCS suffers. I feel to a degree that 2018 Olympics was Satoko peak performance for now and for her future.

stormblade

Rinkside
Satoko's held the number one spot for Japanese ladies for a full quad. We haven't seen that kind of dominance since Mao. She is easily still the most decorated Japanese lady competing and that will still count for something so I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. This next season will be critical for her though. We've seen her put up some amazing scores early last season but she lost momentum when her jump consistency began to slip and she started making mistakes. The rule regarding reducing the UR deducation may or may not help her, but the point is moot considering her jumps will continue to be scrutinized as long as her technique does not show visible improvement. That being said, Satoko is a tough woman and she has known for years what sort of competition she is facing. After all, four years ago, she was in that exact same position! Perhaps she may not be able to take back that championship title but there is so much more she has to offer. While I'm still scratching my head re: her choice in program music, I'm still glad she's trying new things, pushing herself technically and artistically. May her PCS reflect the level of sophistication that is in her skating!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I always wished she trained to jump back in her natural clock wise rotation, maybe her jumps would be bigger or maybe not, however, a skater that could jump in both directions in a program would be awesome to see :)

Whether or not she'll be competing in 2022, she'll always be remembered as one the most artistically gifted skaters.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I always wished she trained to jump back in her natural clock wise rotation, maybe her jumps would be bigger or maybe not, however, a skater that could jump in both directions in a program would be awesome to see :)

Whether or not she'll be competing in 2022, she'll always be remembered as one the most artistically gifted skaters.

I think about that a lot--as a clockwise skater, there is NO WAY I could even jump singles the other was properly (I tried for a while when I was injured and was always missing a quarter rotation. It's unbelievable to me that they make skaters in Japan all jump and spin one way, when somebody's natural inclination might be the opposite.

macy

Record Breaker

woah i never knew this! this could be huge as to why her jumps are small...i couldn't imagine being forced to do EVERYTHING the other way.