Satoko Miyahara | Page 136 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so much for worlds being in Japan and that so called home advantage, wasnt expecting much anyway but its hilarious (not) how she gets higher PCS when she doesnt skate at home, its not to first time she experienced this so she knows how to handle this situation but its just too much :disapp:

good luck in the LP Satton! :love:

Roast Toast

Medalist
At this point I find this kind of scoring just plain irresponsible. Watching Lilbet skating a full beat behind her music for her entire step sequence receive the same PCS as Satton's masterfully crafted SP... make it make sense. Who cares about listening to your music? Just skate through your program and hope that the right moves vaguely end up matching the melody! Who cares about proper program composition and actually placing your elements to accentuate the music? Just cut the music to fit around your layout instead!

Satoko should literally be the poster child for artistry in the ladies discipline right now — no one comes close to her attention to detail, no one goes the extra mile like her with choreography that pushes the expected boundaries of IJS scoring, no one shows more ownership over her artistic vision than her. The fact that she had to change her spiral into a lunge for the judges to actually acknowledge her set of twizzles and give her the StSq4 is just... so emblematic of how obnoxious PCS scoring is rn. Doing unique clusters, actually choreographing the step sequence is penalized. It's all so supremely dumb. I'm not even quibbling the score — if she had gotten proper PCS and 3Lz<+3T< it would have ended up around the same range. But skaters and coaches should be encouraged to emulate her approach to choreography, and who would do that with the scores she is currently getting?

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Also really upset about the PCS of Satton. As much as I'm proud of Elizabet doing well, her components are no match with Satoko's.

Somi

Rinkside
Satoko.... :sad21:
I feel like she was set aside after a new star rolled into town :cry:
But I believe she will come back and shove it to the nonbelievers!
:luv17:

rei00

Rinkside
Pcs... That's it, I have nothing more to say.

No, I do. I really hope this year pcs nonsense won't discourage her long term. Because no matter what they give her, I still enjoy her Performances more than everyone else.
Please stay strong sunshine!

Danibellerika

Medalist
Well PCS are mostly given rather than earned these days anyway, so I guess to them it doesn't matter that Satoko's strength should make her PCS high. I do sadly feel like the fed is trying to signal to her that she isn't their darling anymore.

rei00

Rinkside
Congratulations Satoko with good, solid performance! So glad to see her smiling in the end!
I'll miss this season programs dearly.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ahh Satton, gorgeous performance as usual :love: shame about the small mistake but in the end it didnt change her placement, and it was great to see her happy :luv17:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
OK, I generally make very few comments about score, but I must say this: I admit I'm complete amateur when it comes to components, but if there would be PCS score for elegance, Satoko would have received 10 from me.

Merjan

On the Ice
Happy birthday. I still think her FS was so lovely and her performance and interpretation were the best at Worlds. The results are a mystery to me.

amonemae

Rinkside
Happy birthday. I still think her FS was so lovely and her performance and interpretation were the best at Worlds. The results are a mystery to me.

Me too. I was watching live and I thought this was the best Sparrow performance in the SP. Maybe the FS, GPF interpretation was better (she was quite nervous at the beginning here) but it was still exquisite.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
Our Tiny Queen is 2nd on the World Standings and I can't be more proud of her given how badly she is scored. Satoko is Queen!