Satoko Miyahara | Page 96 | Golden Skate

Satoko Miyahara

dna5019

Final Flight
Satoko's short program is gorgeous. :luv17: And well done for placing first! I'm so happy she's competing again. :biggrin:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Bickering in the Ladies SP thread about Satoko's jumps, as per usual :sarcasm: . I was beginning to miss it while she was gone :devil:

I can already see improvements and a good progress in her recovery. Looking forward to Satoko's Madame Butterfly tomorrow!

Kara

Final Flight
I'm sorry for being such a bandwagoner, but I really am falling in love with Satoko's skating. I was super impressed with how she had so much presence and could fill up the rink in NHK and of course her step sequence and layback were breathtaking even from faraway, but only through the TV could I see all the small details and how she manages to put so much feeling in every slight move. I'm just so in LOVE with the SP (wish she would go back to the other dress though) and rooting for her tomorrow.:hap10: I want her to keep that gold!!! I also recently saw her face on the cover for a magazine for Kansai university I believe and she looked quite good, I'll see if I can get a pic.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I'm sorry for being such a bandwagoner, but I really am falling in love with Satoko's skating. I was super impressed with how she had so much presence and could fill up the rink in NHK and of course her step sequence and layback were breathtaking even from faraway, but only through the TV could I see all the small details and how she manages to put so much feeling in every slight move. I'm just so in LOVE with the SP (wish she would go back to the other dress though) and rooting for her tomorrow.:hap10: I want her to keep that gold!!! I also recently saw her face on the cover for a magazine for Kansai university I believe and she looked quite good, I'll see if I can get a pic.

hey, dont ever apologoze for being in her bandwagon!! its an honor to follow The Tiny Queen :love: so happy to see her 1st going into the LP! thought 3Lo was borderline but skating itself was gorgeous :love: and deserved more PCS imo so it balances it :biggrin: totally worth waking up at 5 am which i never done before! :luv17: cant wait to see LP!!! :yahoo:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This performance of her SP was sublime. Each motion of the head and hands, each spin and step was so in sync with the music. It was amazing, and I'm so glad she's at the top here. Gamba for the free!

Sam L

Medalist
I was a little skeptical of her here because of NHK trophy performance but I'm glad she really proved me wrong. Welcome back, Tiny Queen, good luck in the free skate. :D She's always such a fighter though.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
ARGH I just can't wait to post here for the first time!! Satoko is the my favourite Japanese female skater right now. She has such unique musicality that she is able to capture SO MANY nuances in her music (credits to choreographer Tom Dickson of course). She was never out of style or out of track from the music. She ALWAYS skates to the music. Un sospiro and Star Wars are my favourite FSs of hers. Her Memoirs of Geisha SP this season is just on another level of musicality, style, choreography and interpretation. Every moment after the 3Lo is A W E S O M E. She just oozes Queen-ness in this program.

GO GO GO TINY QUEEN!! GANBARE in Nationals and the Olympics!!!! Stay healthy and strong!!!:hap10:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ARGH I just can't wait to post here for the first time!! Satoko is the my favourite Japanese female skater right now. She has such unique musicality that she is able to capture SO MANY nuances in her music (credits to choreographer Tom Dickson of course). She was never out of style or out of track from the music. She ALWAYS skates to the music. Un sospiro and Star Wars are my favourite FSs of hers. Her Memoirs of Geisha SP this season is just on another level of musicality, style, choreography and interpretation. Every moment after the 3Lo is A W E S O M E. She just oozes Queen-ness in this program.

GO GO GO TINY QUEEN!! GANBARE in Nationals and the Olympics!!!! Stay healthy and strong!!!:hap10:

actually her SP is from Lori (i know its hard to believe since its so different from what she has done for Satoko so far :biggrin:), he did her LP this season (have to give credit to Tom for her progress though because i think he helped her blossom with his awesome programs year after year :love:) but i agree with everything else! :luv17: and welcome to her thread! :yahoo:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
even getting back from a long time off-compatition, one can say that she matured immensely, returning with more spark, more polish, more hunger - and even more humble attitude than before. Gotta admire her quiet manner and skating that speaks louder than many words - she presenta a very rare balance nowadays in Ladies' skating of building a cohesion and unity in performance not only by sole clean execution of it; this integrity is about putting her in the centre of program and let her speak about it, the music through movement, gesture, expression in a way that allows you to FEEL it actually, not only to see it happening.

She pays so much of attention to every little detail in choreography, music, being so sensible over creating a character that is not obvious, drawn in bold lines, but intricate, with hint of mysterious sensuality aura around; aside of Caroina, for me the only skater who can achieve 'blending/blurring' with the music without getting lost from the sight. After this almost year away from performance, competition, it clearly shows that she was not slacking around - she's grown out to become a spectacular performer, being so much into moment; there is this sensible, humble consciousness/thoughtfulness about her skating, expression, she cares about every aspect of her performance and I feel that she took much more control over it, comparing to previous seasons.

And the program - one of the best, smartest moves was to give Satoko a material, music she's drawn to, devoted and animated about, as it's obvious for me. This is kind of program that tastes better and deeper seen time after time - you can amaze yourself by finesse of different details each time watching it, as she's making a statement even from the littlest things.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Fan camera of Satoko's SP. She really looks more powerful and faster than she was before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u3fbhDlYoc

Her sitting in the kiss & cry with the giant pineapple plush toy made my day :biggrin: I'll be extremely happy if she wins the competition but I won't be disappointed if she doesn't. I hope she will be able to skate a cleaner free than at NHK Trophy (the 3-3 and the 3F make me anxious...).

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Fan camera of Satoko's SP. She really looks more powerful and faster than she was before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u3fbhDlYoc

Her sitting in the kiss & cry with the giant pineapple plush toy made my day :biggrin: I'll be extremely happy if she wins the competition but I won't be disappointed if she doesn't. I hope she will be able to skate a cleaner free than at NHK Trophy (the 3-3 and the 3F make me anxious...).

she looked so happy to have it, must be a great feeling to see your fans know what you love :laugh: bless the person who bought it :luv17:

GGFan

Record Breaker
This morning I was wondering why it took me so long to fully appreciate Satoko. I always enjoyed her spins and positions and by The Planets I was starting to get intrigued but this year it all clicked together. Partly I think it's due to her year to year improvements but there's also another superficial reason.

I always got this weird feeling from her as a younger skater that she'd been here before and it freaked me out. There was this juxtaposition of supreme sophistication with a young face that I could not wrap my head around. Now that she's grown it all makes sense to me. All of that to say that I'm extremely grateful that she's finding ways to create art under the current system. The nuance she brings to the ice is very rare. :clap:

mermaidfestavol3

On the Ice
Her SP costume is growing on me. The skirt looks almost like a delicate flower petal when she spins or jumps. I still miss the old one from ice shows, though...

ioanna

Record Breaker
Satoko practice notes by Jackie Wong
https://twitter.com/rockerskating

"Miyahara: 3Lo, 3T, 3Lz3T, 3S, 2A3T, 3Lo, 3Lz3T(ur?), 3Lz2T2Lo, 1A, 2A3T, 3S, 3Lo"

FS runthrough: "3Lo, 3Lz3T, 3F(e?), 3Lz2T2Lo, 2A3T, marked S, 2A2T - much more like how we are used to seeing her":shocked:

"Satoko Miyahara has looked stronger and stronger each day in practice. Definitely gotten rid of a good number of the underrotation issues she had earlier'