Wenjing Sui & Cong Han | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Wenjing Sui & Cong Han

s_parks

Record Breaker
They will recycle Rain in Your Black Eyes.

I think this is a very good decision. I just LOVE that program. A lot of experts said that it is the best - if not the best - pairs program ever. :love:
Also excited about the Short.

Great choice. Don't usually care for recycled programs, even good ones, but this isn't an olympic season and it would be good for them to take it a bit easier(plus wasn't Han injured in the summer? don't know how serious that was). And of course it's a great program they only skated twice in competition.

sweetener

Rinkside
Amazing SP by Sui/Han! A solid lead coming into the free. :love:

I loved that little moment where they exchanged pillows in the kiss & cry x

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I know I keep telling this story but I like it. PaulE and I have been following them since SA Portland 2010. At Practice, we were sitting in the front row and Sui crashed hard on a throw into the boards two feet in front of us. She was very shaken and upset... Han gently picked her up and hugged her in his arms and talked softly in her ear.......we have been cheering for them ever since.....

thedeclan

Rinkside
Loved seeing them here! The SP is enjoyable (though not my favorite from them). Looking forward to the free!

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Loved seeing them here! The SP is enjoyable (though not my favorite from them). Looking forward to the free!

I'm feeling this too. I mean I can understand them wanting to skate to some good bluesy music....but Mississippi Delta Blues seems an odd choice for them. And I can understand them not going the Beth Hart route either, since she's way overdone in skating now. But geez, I'm sure Lori could have pulled a better trick from her bag to fit their younger style.

Though I'm probably not the one to complain. S/H are beautiful people and skaters, but don't give me goosebumps like they do for so many others, but still this Muddy Waters style music seems like a miss, to the point I'm almost embarrassed for them, and that ain't right. :confused2: I would love to see them skate to Leon Bridges or Gary Clark, Jr. modern style of blues.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I like to think that the vast majority of skaters are really nice people you would want to sit down and have a beer with...there is really very little loathing going on between them.....The legendary Canadian figure skating photog David Carmichael told me a few events ago that he could count on one hand the skaters he really didnt care for personally over the years.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Sui/Han now hold all three world records under the most recent scoring system!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Worried about Han. Messy skates happen, whatever. But the mistakes he's made recently are pretty uncharacteristic, and he was injured over the summer. Speedy recovery if injuries are indeed bothering him.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
In the end, I'm just happy that they won, even with a performance way below their standards. I love the end of the program. When it comes to emotion, they are in a class of their own.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Worried about Han. Messy skates happen, whatever. But the mistakes he's made recently are pretty uncharacteristic, and he was injured over the summer. Speedy recovery if injuries are indeed bothering him.

I thought he was ill. The amount of mistakes from Cong was really, really unusual.