2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Ladies Short Program 11/07

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Kexin Zhang is off the list after all. It looks like China does not have presentable lady skaters other than Zijun Li at this moment by wasting two entries:disapp:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Are you sure that is the start order or just the entry list???? It looks a bit odd for a start order.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The ladies list looks really competitive with Helgesson, Li, Murakami, Cain, Edmunds, Tut and Lip.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Julia, Tuk should slay. Polina up to make her mark. My biggest cheer leading goes out to Zijun though... come on girl! Get your act together!!

Can't wait to see Julia's programs this year.

dna5019

Final Flight
Julia, Elizaveta, Kanako, Zijun, and Polina. Sooo much talent in one event. :popcorn:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I can't wait for Yulia's performance. I wonder if she'll be the first lady who'll crack 70 points mark this season :popcorn: Fingers crossed.

Edit: I obviously meant SP :)

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Definitely the most competitive field so far. I'm so excited to see Zijun, Kanako, Julia, Polina and Christina.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think the real competitive ones are Yulia, Liza and Polina.
I sort of giving up Zijun li: I haven't really seen any improvement in any area since Worlds 2013. She is almost 18 but still can only skate to certain type of music. I think the most disappointing part is her SS.
Kanako has not skated well in the past two seasons except for 4CC. With the rise of Satoko, she may get worse.
Haven't seem Gao skated for a while and since she is a regular (not online) Harvard student, I don't think she spends enough time for training. Well we will see.

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm kinda nervous that Yulia hasn't skated her LP yet, and her SP seemed a bit raw in the Open Skates (fair enough, it was two months ago). Also, I wonder what kind of impact the silver medal had on Liza - was she happy to be on podium, or disappointed for being second? After straight golds, I don't know how she took it and she looked very sad in the K&C.

dna5019

Final Flight
Erm... in which language? Norway seems to be out of order?

3 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN
4 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR
5 Hae Jin KIM KOR

South Korea is officially called the Republic of Korea, hence why it goes after Norway. :)

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm kinda nervous that Yulia hasn't skated her LP yet, and her SP seemed a bit raw in the Open Skates (fair enough, it was two months ago).

She also has changed her boots, so no idea how is she going to skate here.
Love her SP though, and I'm curious to see what Ilya has done with the LP.

Olympic

On the Ice
What kind of shape is Li Zijun in?

I think this competition will be Lipnitskaya's to lose, but she will be followed by Edmonds and Tuktamysheva. I'm not sure what shape Li is in and if Murakami is competitive with any of Lipnitskaya, Tuktamysheva or Edmonds. But, if either has great skates, they could be the dark horse.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I can't wait for Yulia's performance. I wonder if she'll be the first lady who'll crack 70 points mark this season :popcorn: Fingers crossed.

Edit: I obviously meant SP :)

I'm thinking the inevitable "!" call on her lutzes (or even e) might prevent that from happening, along with PCS scores being a bit lower now that the Olympics season inflation craziness is over. But she should be leading. If anyone can spoil, it's Polina with clean skates (no edge calls really helps her). It will be quite exciting though to see how Murakami and Li stack up, because they can either be in the top 3 or as bad as 8th depending on their skates -- hopefully the former. Also, Cain is slated for a breakout performance so hopefully she can get it together.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm kinda nervous that Yulia hasn't skated her LP yet, and her SP seemed a bit raw in the Open Skates (fair enough, it was two months ago). Also, I wonder what kind of impact the silver medal had on Liza - was she happy to be on podium, or disappointed for being second? After straight golds, I don't know how she took it and she looked very sad in the K&C.

I don't see why she should have been sad... Radionova skated almost cleanly with two 3-3 combos and even if Liza had doubled the 1L in the opening combo and not doubled the salchow, she still would have lost. Maybe it was because she had skated cleanly up until that point. It's great to see though that her standards are much higher which means she's more confident. I don't expect her to be higher than bronze, but then again she's been exceeding expectations quite admirably so far.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I don't see why she should have been sad... Radionova skated almost cleanly with two 3-3 combos and even if Liza had doubled the 1L in the opening combo and not doubled the salchow, she still would have lost. Maybe it was because she had skated cleanly up until that point. It's great to see though that her standards are much higher which means she's more confident. I don't expect her to be higher than bronze, but then again she's been exceeding expectations quite admirably so far.
I disagree. Radionova's 3Lz-3T was two-footed or almost two-footed. Coupled with their placements after the SP, and a likely PCS rise had Liza skated perfectly, I think Liza could've won.

But putting that aside, why do you think Liza has no chance of even beating Polina Edmunds? :unsure: