2014 Cup of China Pairs Short Program 11/07 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Pairs Short Program 11/07

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I was impressed by P/Z, they were disappointing at Skate America but they bounced back here. She has come a long way from her debut, she has progressed and improved an awful lot. On the basis of this short they should/could be a threat come Worlds. My favourite performance was from the Wangs, it was a delight to watch bar his error on the SBS spin, it was a great performance.

I see definite improvement from Vera and Andrei from competition to competition. Sadly her 3T wasn't there today but everything is greatly improved from Lombardia, a very nice throw, the twist, the death spiral but some sync issues on the spins. Keep it up, hopefully they can hold on to 4th after the free but all the couples are very close.

gold12345

Medalist
Peng & Zhang were pretty majestic today, even though they weren't without flaw (ie. spins were a little off). A lovely combination of big elements (they get good air on the twist and throw) and well done choreography. Peng had a lot of jump troubles at Skate America, and you could see that she was loving it when they skated so well.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
As beautiful as Vera is, I am really wondering whether she has ever landed a triple jump even in practice in the past two years. Why can't she land a her jumps, not even a two-footed, hands down, UR one:bang:

samson

Medalist
Wow Peng and Zhang were just amazing in the short here! :love:

For me that's the best short we've seen all season. I love the concept for them, great choreography and they executed it so well here. Definitely would have scored them higher here. So glad I took the time to go back and watch it!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Peng/Zhang were masterful. :love: Such quality in every element, and great basic skating as well. The SBS jumps actually looked pretty easy for her this time.

So many interesting Chinese pairs right now. They're in good shape.