Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 3: Cup of China | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Grand Prix Predictions Game 2014-2015 Round 3: Cup of China

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
While I like Yuzuru and his skating, his scores were outrageous. Bad job by the judges, again.
Questionable score, perhaps.

But "outrageous"? I don't think I'd go that far: His skating between the falls was actually very, very good - he landed some beautiful jumps and combinations, spins were excellent, footwork etc... his SS, CH, TR, IN, PE were still top-class most of the time. His score illustrates the basic nature of CoP scoring.

But I can accept people arguing that the judges were more "generous", "sympathetic" or swayed by the crowd/rep/ogm than they should. I just don't think they went so far as to call it "outrageous".

One can only imagine what he'll score with that SP and FS when he is fit, and does them cleanly or nearly so! o_O

Having said all that, I do suspect that this single event may finally trigger some long-overdue re-balancing of the rewards vs penalties, for fully-rotated jumps vs falls...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Questionable score, perhaps.

But "outrageous"? I don't think I'd go that far: His skating between the falls was actually very, very good - he landed some beautiful jumps and combinations, spins were excellent, footwork etc... his SS, CH, TR, IN, PE were still top-class most of the time. His score illustrates the basic nature of CoP scoring.

But I can accept people arguing that the judges were more "generous", "sympathetic" or swayed by the crowd/rep/ogm than they should. I just don't think they went so far as to call it "outrageous".

One can only imagine what he'll score with that SP and FS when he is fit, and does them cleanly or nearly so! o_O

Having said all that, I do suspect that this single event may finally trigger some long-overdue re-balancing of the rewards vs penalties, for fully-rotated jumps vs falls...

He came in second with FIVE FALLS. Second. Silver. Sorry but the word "outrageous" doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
He came in second with FIVE FALLS. Second. Silver. Sorry but the word "outrageous" doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

In the field that wasn't too strong to be honest and top guys didn't skated too great too. I am too saying his PCS was too big, but he still should get PCS that he would ended up on 2nd. He rotated all of of jumps that he falls in, and still managed really big combination there that gave him a lot of points

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Did you even read what I said, or were you too fixated on "OMG FIVE FALLS" to consider anything else?

Have you even watched his FS, and what he did between those 5 falls?

Do you understand that under CoP, a skater is still able to rack up points regardless of falls?

He got the mandatory penalties for those falls, and poor GoE for those jumps. But those are not where his big points came from. It's all the other stuff he did (and indeed, did better than most of the other skaters that night) that gave him points... and that's where I see grounds for arguing he was overscored. Not in the falls.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Did you even read what I said, or were you too fixated on "OMG FIVE FALLS" to consider anything else?

Have you even watched his FS, and what he did between those 5 falls?

Do you understand that under CoP, a skater is still able to rack up points regardless of falls?

He got the mandatory penalties for those falls, and poor GoE for those jumps. But those are not where his big points came from. It's all the other stuff he did (and indeed, did better than most of the other skaters that night) that gave him points... and that's where I see grounds for arguing he was overscored. Not in the falls.

To answer your questions...

Yes

Yes

Yes

Please stop condescending to me. That's a thought.

Funny thing about scoring. It's all very Animal Farm. Sometimes a fall kills someone's PCS scores, sometimes it doesn't. All skaters are equal, but some are more equal than others.

YMMV and obviously it does. Life goes on...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Men's standings after 3 rounds:
1st: snowflake, 155
2nd: semosk8fan and [email protected], 145
3rd: Totentanz, lightsout, katmar, HR4, gallavich, el henry, 140
4th: StitchMonkey, Sam-Skwantch, Mentalopes, guenever, FSGMT, 135
9th: sunny_stars, Skategmt, CanadianSkaterGuy, 130

Good, though pretty low score after three events. Men is the discipline I care most about, glad they are unpredictable. Just think of world's :confused: I should really do some research on the other disciplines(especially pairs and dance) or just copy samkrut, sequinsgalore or some other predicter at the top :biggrin: :laugh: I never knew about Papadakis/Cizeron. I've watched their Free Dance now, it was beautiful!