Cynthia Phaneuf
Sarah Hughes
Stefan Lindemann
Chait/Sakhnovsky
Emanuel Sandhu
Sale/Pelletier

berthes ghost

Final Flight
These rabid fans have even gone so far as to describe Ms. Kwan as "physically beautiful" ..... bow legs, mouth full of crooked teeth and large, bulbous probosis notwithstanding.
Wow, People magazine is run by a bunch of rabid Kwan fans? I didn't know this. Are they also a bunch or rabid Kerrigan and Kulik fans, or are those two genuinly beautiful? It's only Kwan who was forced on the 50 most beautiful list due to pressure and possible voilence from her crazed fan base no doubt. :rolleye:

There seems to be some confusion on this thread. Is the title "skaters I don't get " or "skaters I refuse to even try to get " or "skaters I get to hate because that's my right" or "skaters I hate because they get more medals than my favorite"?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Or how about "skaters I don't get because they don't meet my standards in the looks department"?

~tibia venifica~

Rinkside
Maybe it's redundant and immature of me to join this ridiculous discussion, but I really don't seem to GET this thread.

What is this all about? I mean, if you know the particular skater is good but he irritates you - than you just DON'T LIKE

~tibia venifica~

Rinkside
tibia strikes again

CHRIST! What is going on?! :mad:I want to write something, people! It was propaby b/c the Norton and Caps Lock was on :eek: I hope you'll forgive me.
I mean then you just find him boring/not interesting or irritating. I don't "get" people saying that they don't get Plushenko because of his nose. I can understand that, but why don't they just admit they detest him? Why all this pseudophilosofical coverage? If you think one wuzrobbed and our particular skater is overrated you still can not deny his values.

I'll tell you something. I agree with that someone who said you must get the great skaters.I think you can not say that you "just" don't get a skater starting in Worlds (when you claim you're a figure skating fan) You can PARTLY not get him. I am flattered by Joubert's and Lindemann jumps though I yawn watching the Matrix program for a second time. But I know what the fuss is about. Once it happened to me that I did't get a skater. I was about 13 and I thought he was pretensious, posing and I didn't like the jumps. Yagudin was his name.

~flute~

IceAngel2007

Rinkside
I swear if anyone put Michelle Kwan as a skater they don't "get" they've got some issues. lol The one skater I dont get is Tonya Harding...

lulu

Final Flight
The part about getting the so-called "great" skaters. There is a difference between acknowledging their talent, and understanding how they could win X or Y medal; and "getting" the skater on an emotional level.

elingrace4eva

Rinkside
MICHELLE KWAN, and finally I have an excuse to say it in a positive, non bashing forum. And it has nothing to do with what she looks like. Michelle is a beautiful girl, and I admire her determination and consistancy, but her worlds long program had 75 crossovers. That's an example, btw. She just isn't an <i> interesting </i> skater. She can jump, sure. And her spins are fine. But everything with her, to me, anyway, is just <i> fine </i>. I don't understand what everyone sees in ehr, or why those 6.0s keep coming up for a program with barely any connecting work.

EVGENY PLUSHENKO is either incredibly boring (i.e. 2004 Long) or too hyped up (i.e. 2003 long). I don't find him artistic in the slightest. Also, to me, that bielmann is just plain scary. Not a reason to dislike him, obviously, but strange all the same.

EMANUEL SANDHU bores me. Nuff said.

EVAN LYSACEK just came out, but already people are saying how incredible he is. However, his flailing arm movements frighten me, and I get nervous just watching his programs.

I think that's it. I love skating, but I often don't understand the most popular ones in the sport. Usually because I hate it when the same people are always a success. I'm a Johnny Weir and Sasha Cohen fan, most likely because they are constantly battling with themselves to put out perfect programs. And when they do, they're flawless, and difficult, and beautiful. People who are constantly consistant, but with boring programs, make me sad because it undermines what I feel is exciting about skating. I don't know if that made sense, but I'm posting it anyway.

Kat

bronxgirl

Medalist
Of course, that doesn't mean that us Kwan fans won't stand up for our favorite too! (But of course, in a non-bashing way):D