State of Japanese Skaters 2014-2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

State of Japanese Skaters 2014-2015

Interspectator

Record Breaker
ITA.
Rika and others can do nothing about things like length of neck or width of shoulders other than have a complementary dress.
So they must concentrate on being the best skater they can be -at least they have control of that. -I hope Rika gains more confidence. She has some very nice jumps with good height.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
What about state of Japanese ice dancing?

Oh yes! Can anyone talk more about that? or about Japan's new pair? Ami Koga and Francis Boudreau Audet? I know they're still in juniors but I was really impressed with them in one of the JGP events

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What about state of Japanese ice dancing?

The fact that the Reeds are still Japan's ice dance hope says a lot. It seems like though I am sure it isn't, they have been around for ever and really have not improved.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chris Reed has had serious, repeated injury problems in his leg/knee/ankle. More than anything else, that has hampered the Reed's development. That and the PCS "penalty" for being a sibling team. It is great there are other up and coming Japanese dance though!!

Last edited:

lbc2138

On the Ice
I don't even notice that her neck is short, but she still seems awkward in controlling her long limbs. Precise and controlled movement will come with age, when she grows into her own beauty.

She's already 18 though... Satoko has way more precision and control and she's only 16.

I would rave about the mens but that's already been done and all I can say is good on them! In terms of the ladies, I'm putting my bets on Satoko. I tried to like Rika a while back and while she's improved I'm not eager to find and watch her skates (also her biellmann is not the prettiest ...). As for Kanako, she was always a favorite and while it would be lovely to see a more competitive fire in her, she seems bubbly and happy as always but who knows!

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Thanks for the link, NMURA! Nice! Is K Muramoto a former singles skater?

I've just checked the video again and it says Kana Muramoto switched from singles only 4 months ago! I think I remember seeing her at Japanese nationals last year or the year before.

volk

Final Flight
The fact that the Reeds are still Japan's ice dance hope says a lot. It seems like though I am sure it isn't, they have been around for ever and really have not improved.

But there's nobody else on a horizon:eek:hwell:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If Hanyu and/or Lipnitskaya win the Cup of China after the free skate Saturday, it will mark the first time in Grand Prix series history (since 1995) that one nation swept the first three events with three different singles champions, on either the men’s or women’s side. ...

The only times one nation swept the first three Grand Prix events on either the men’s or women’s side were 1998 and 1999. Russian men won every event those seasons, but the first three were not split among three different men.

One nation has never swept the first three events in women’s history, regardless of number of different skaters.

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/20...ia-cup-of-china-short-program-figure-skating/ (Nov 7)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
CoC was just bizzare on so many levels. --But I'm going to update the 'score board' with Hanyu, Kanako and Keiji's scores.

Team Japan Scores for 2014-2015 Season

Men
Best Total Scores
Machida Tatsuki 269.09 Skate America
Mura Takahito 255.81 Skate Canada
Yuzuru Hanyu 237.55 Cup of China
Shoma Uno 227.51 JGP Croatia
Kozuka Takahiko 203.17 Skate Canada
Keiji Tanaka 189.26 Cup of China

Best Short Program Scores
Machida 93.39 Skate America
Hanyu 82.95 Cup of China
Mura 82.57 Skate Canada
Kozuka 75.85 Skate Canada
Shoma 74.82 JGP Croatia
Keiji 56.82 Cup of China

Best Long Program Scores
Machida 175.70 Skate America
Mura 173.24 Skate Canada
Hanyu 154.60 Cup of China
Shoma 152.69 JGP Croatia
Keiji 132.44 Cup of China
Kozuka 127.32 Skate Canada

Women
Best Total Scores
Satoko Miyahara 181.75 Skate Canada
Rika Hongo 171.47 Skate Canada
Kanako Murakami 169.39 Cup of China
Haruka Imai 158.10 Skate America

Best Short Program Scores
Kanako 60.44 Cup of China
Satoko 60.22 Skate Canada
Rika 59.10 Skate Canada
Haruka 53.79 Skate America

Best Long Program Scores
Satoko 121.53 Skate Canada
Rika 112.37 Skate Canada
Kanako 108.95 Cup of China
Haruka 104.18 Skate America

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If Hanyu and/or Lipnitskaya win the Cup of China after the free skate Saturday, it will mark the first time in Grand Prix series history (since 1995) that one nation swept the first three events with three different singles champions, on either the men’s or women’s side. ...

The only times one nation swept the first three Grand Prix events on either the men’s or women’s side were 1998 and 1999. Russian men won every event those seasons, but the first three were not split among three different men.

One nation has never swept the first three events in women’s history, regardless of number of different skaters.

http://olympictalk.nbcsports.com/20...ia-cup-of-china-short-program-figure-skating/ (Nov 7)
Well, history was made, but with Liza, not Yulia. :)

Such a shame about Yuzuru... I hope he comes back strong. Team Japan remains great in men either way though, with Machida and Mura (now if only Kozuka could get his act together... what would be a good strategy for him going forward?)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
On a positive note, Keiji improved his standings in COC from dead-last it the SP, to 8th place overall.

With all the drama I had forgotten, but now that I think of it Keiji had a very decent performance in his FS.

He has good skating skills and speed as well as a 'presence' on ice.
Well done Keiji.

minze

Medalist
I think the JSF might need to convince Mao to comeback if they want to see world podium anytime soon. Miyahara has all the qualities of a champion: consistency, polish, she is a beautiful skater but I think the judges are not been fair to her.

The only skater they have that can beat a clean Russian is The One and Only: Mao Asada... If I was an official I would knock on her door soon. Hey, she is only 24

With that said I don't think Mao will comeback 😢

bebece

Rinkside
well Minze2001, can i accompany you when you knock on mao door
just state the time n date
i'll be there

about the world podium
i thing Japan always had one since 2004
so not get one, once in a while, might be good for them

minze

Medalist
well Minze2001, can i accompany you when you knock on mao door
just state the time n date
i'll be there

about the world podium
i thing Japan always had one since 2004
so not get one, once in a while, might be good for them

Yes let's go maybe her fans have a higher chance of conviencing her.😄Miss my girl si much😭 I know selfish fan. She absolutely deserves time off or to retire