Predictions for JGP Final Ladies | Golden Skate

Predictions for JGP Final Ladies

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I have a feeling that Serafima won't skate like she did in her JGP events. She hasn't skated well in the 3rd stage of Russian Cup last week, where she competed with Sotnikova. Another reason is that she started the season in her top form, and it's not so easy to skate like that entire season. Of course I wish her to do, but I think she won't be able to.

I think the battle for the gold medal will be between Higuchi, Medvedeva and Sotskova.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don't know about Higuchi either. So far the regional reports (from NMURA btw) shows some "subpar" performances from her and from the other JGP stars of Japan. :cry:

I hope all of them the best of luck and health no matter what.

MalAssada

Medalist
During the JGP I really thought she would be the one. I still believe in her capacity of winning the gold but I don't like how her first competition was great, the second had a fall and the third was a bomb. Her musicality amazes me and I hope that with time Eteri can teach her consistency. She's my favourite, I hope that whatevet happened to her during Russia Cup won't happen again.

stryke

On the Ice
Wasn't Sima skating a Senior program at russian cup rather than her usual junior program? I attributed that to her faults. Come JGPF she will be top rank.

1. Sakhanovich
2. Sotskova
3. Medvedeva

MalAssada

Medalist
I compared her jumps from JGP to the Russian Cup, they are the same. In the SP she fell in the 3F and added the 3T at the end of her 3Lz. I'm far from comparing step sequences (it's my first season) and spins seemed the same too, so... :confused2:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I compared her jumps from JGP to the Russian Cup, they are the same. In the SP she fell in the 3F and added the 3T at the end of her 3Lz. I'm far from comparing step sequences (it's my first season) and spins seemed the same too, so... :confused2:

I would say that her transitioning of adding the 3toe after her 3lz jinxed her out. It's probably her first competition where she includes it in her jump layout. The only thing that I thought she might reconsider of not using is her Beillmann spin. Errkk, it was not pretty at all and it looked quite painful since she's not extending. I'm really confused why Eteri decided to integrate it into her spins when Sima didn't even do them with her past coaches

A totally unpopular opinion here but I really wished that Sima stayed with her past coach. I'm not saying that Eteri isn't a good coach for her but I feel like Serafima lost a bit of her personal touch. Maybe, I'm just surprise with her progress and change? :slink:

adelia

Record Breaker
I would say that her transitioning of adding the 3toe after her 3lz jinxed her out. It's probably her first competition where she includes it in her jump layout. The only thing that I thought she might reconsider of not using is her Beillmann spin. Errkk, it was not pretty at all and it looked quite painful since she's not extending. I'm really confused why Eteri decided to integrate it into her spins when Sima didn't even do them with her past coaches

A totally unpopular opinion here but I really wished that Sima stayed with her past coach. I'm not saying that Eteri isn't a good coach for her but I feel like Serafima lost a bit of her personal touch. Maybe, I'm just surprise with her progress and change? :slink:
To a certain extent I agree. This season her routines seem more about scoring points than the overall package. Anyway, it could not be helped, St Petersburg Fed could not obtain additional funding for her and really, Eteri's group is probably the best option in Moscow.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Wait, what about Karen Chen? Is she going to GPF?

My ideal podium (knock on wood) would be a combination of Higuchi, Chen, and maybe Serafima. :)

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Chen did not qualify. :(

Ah I saw that too. That is really sad, considering how well she was doing scoring 62+ as a Junior in SP would have put her in podium contention in some senior events,. :rolleye:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ah I saw that too. That is really sad, considering how well she was doing scoring 62+ as a Junior in SP would have put her in podium contention in some senior events,. :rolleye:

She had to win in her last event cause she got bronze in her first event. Silver and bronze aren't that bad, it's just that it didn't work out mathwise.

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm pretty sure it will be a Russian sweep. Zhenia's consistency has improved this season, but I don't think she will win. My podium prediction (which reminds me I have to finish my CoR ones!) is:

1. Sima
2. Zhenia
3. Maria

and most likely the same in Junior Worlds.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I'm pretty sure it will be a Russian sweep. Zhenia's consistency has improved this season, but I don't think she will win. My podium prediction (which reminds me I have to finish my CoR ones!) is:

1. Sima
2. Zhenia
3. Maria

And what is Higuchi, chopped liver ? :think:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

1. Sima
2. Zhenia
3. Maria

Yes, please. I take it. My perfect TOP 3 :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Last season Medvedeva and Proklova were favorites going into JGP final where Sotskova had two amazing performances and won gold medal surprisingly. I hope she surprises everyone again.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think that if Higuxhi skates clean, she Will win. IMO, it's between her and Serafima.