Misha Ge | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Misha Ge

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Misha's Dad/coach chose for him to skate for Ubekistani so that he can have a longer competitive career. I feel he got serious this last year and has improved much though it's difficult for him to medal at the major events such as Worlds and GPF. However, with the exposure he has he can definitely have a great show career.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I wonder if funding is an issue. I wouldn't guess the Uzbekistan skating fed has very deep pockets. Ok, he probably has fewer expenses than most skaters, with coach & choreographer being his parents (and himself), but still, living in LA, traveling all the time, paying for ice time, etc. Can't be cheap, especially if he isn't getting great results.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also it seems Misha is always dealing with a Visa issue. Uzbekistan isn't on great terms with a lot of countries, so it seems that Misha is always having to scramble to get documents for competitions.

LRK

Record Breaker
Hasn't he even missed out on some competition/s because of those Visa issues?

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Misha skated a wonderful SP:love: Candles lit that he does well in his LP and stays in the top 10!

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh, good! I was looking for Misha's thread before, but then got distracted...

He had a great skate - hoping he does as well tomorrow. :)

Oh, and has he just not shaved à la Plushy - or is he cultivating a beard? I must say - rather suprisingly - it suits him. Made him quite manly-looking. :) Otherwise he has such a childlike face - if ayone should portray Peter Pan, it probably should be him.:)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think he just does the beard for his SP and shaves for the FS...at least that's what I remember at 4CC. To be honest, I'm not a fan, just because it doesn't jibe with my image of him...but that's my problem, not his. :laugh:

He posted another of those cryptic messages about not knowing how many competitions he has left. I suppose it's nice that he kind of gets people used to the idea rather than dropping a bomb about retiring out of the blue - not that I judge Tatsuki or anyone who does that, because I'm sure they have their reasons, but it can be quite an unpleasant shock. Anyway, he might end up competing for 5 more years, who knows.

tinlizzie

Final Flight
I think he just does the beard for his SP and shaves for the FS...at least that's what I remember at 4CC. To be honest, I'm not a fan, just because it doesn't jibe with my image of him...but that's my problem, not his. :laugh:

He posted another of those cryptic messages about not knowing how many competitions he has left. I suppose it's nice that he kind of gets people used to the idea rather than dropping a bomb about retiring out of the blue - not that I judge Tatsuki or anyone who does that, because I'm sure they have their reasons, but it can be quite an unpleasant shock. Anyway, he might end up competing for 5 more years, who knows.

IMO he just came into his own this year and I think next year could be the best one yet but there's obviously some sort of issue. Possibly funding/needing to tour, coach or choreograph to earn a living? I know he's a popular skating workshop teacher and show tour skater and perhaps has had an offer that he can't refuse due to finances. Although with his personality, talent and showmanship you'd think he could find a great sponsor.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
IMO he just came into his own this year and I think next year could be the best one yet but there's obviously some sort of issue. Possibly funding/needing to tour, coach or choreograph to earn a living? I know he's a popular skating workshop teacher and show tour skater and perhaps has had an offer that he can't refuse due to finances. Although with his personality, talent and showmanship you'd think he could find a great sponsor.

i dont know about funding not being enough, he did his own programs this year (before that it was his mom i think) and his coach is his father (most of the time :D), i am not saying there arent other expenses of course, but he had pretty good season and i think its gonna get better for him from now on (hopefully )now that he made a name for himself :cheer:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
so proud of our Misha really
Ideally I wnated him to be 5th or even 4th but theres always next year!:cheer:

Plumededragon

Medalist
so proud of our Misha really
Ideally I wnated him to be 5th or even 4th but theres always next year!:cheer:
He placed higher than I hoped, and skated beautifully, I'm so proud of him. A top 6 finish is excellent! :cheer2: And he'll be at the WC Gala, it should be fun! :biggrin:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
haha yep yep he already did better than anyone would have hoped!
Im just always hungry 4 more:cheer:

wow Gala! They knew they had to invite him!
There's no party without Misha!!:biggrin:

Last edited:

kallirroe

On the Ice
I loved his performance in free programm. It was so touching that i almost cried when he finished 😥 no matter his scores , he belongs in my heart and he skates with his soul , he loves it and fulfilling his dream. Such a great male figure skater 😍

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I am beyond thrilled for Misha. :love: His free skate was pure passion, art, and drama. He feels every note of that music--you can tell, by his coming-out-of-a-trance reaction in the end, that he poured his heart into it.

Also of note: This is a guy born in Russia, of partial Chinese descent, who didn't represent either of those countries (maybe because he didn't think he could be competitive?). And now he has finished above all the Russian and Chinese skaters at Worlds. Just shows how far hard work, competitive nerve, and genuine love for your craft can get you.

Unless there's an issue with injury, I hope he doesn't retire. He was one Zayak away from a GP medal this year, and I hope he's able to get it next year.

Are there any other skaters of note in Uzbekistan? I mean, he did just bring back two spots...

kallirroe

On the Ice
His gala performance was. S T U N N I N G 😮😮😮. I was dancing with him in my chair while watching him performing. The song was the best he could choose. Will he retire ??? I just discovered him !!!!😵😬 thats not faiiiir

Plumededragon

Medalist
How come nobody posted this here? :biggrin: I've been dying all day to get back to my computer to finally watch this and now I'm dying laughing :laugh: one day those dorks are gonna be the death of me!

2015 World Championships Gala Highlights ( Produced by Misha Ge )
Misha is awesome. He's winning everyone's hearts with his artistry and just being the way he is. No wonder he's being invited in Gala and EX, people KNOW he can bring fun. Btw, I heard he was part of THE ICE in Japan this summer, can anyone confirm?