Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Xiaoyu Yu & Yang Jin

s_parks

Record Breaker
I can't believe the fed is doing this. There is absolutely no justification or remotely sound reason to. I can only hope this lunacy is taken back soon and they can be reunited. Too bad Shen/Zhao don't have much power yet, I'm 100% sure they didn't support it. Ugh, the old officials needed to retire years ago. Screw this.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I am so sad :(

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
R.I.P Yu/Jin pairing. I'll miss your breathtaking eternal skaters, your grace and beauty and that obvious potential that won't be fullfiled.

ahkeekee

Medalist
I can't believe the fed is doing this. There is absolutely no justification or remotely sound reason to. I can only hope this lunacy is taken back soon and they can be reunited. Too bad Shen/Zhao don't have much power yet, I'm 100% sure they didn't support it. Ugh, the old officials needed to retire years ago. Screw this.

Their biggest mistake is to be born in china and have to skate under the FOOLISH chinese fed instead of a good one like Japanese fed :(
I love yu jin so much that i'm so so so angry and upset about the federation forcing yu jin to split and change partners (according to the news, yu xiaoyu is very unhappy about the arrangement :'( )
I hate it when the federation does foolish thing on their own accord without thinking about the future and will of their skaters :(

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Their biggest mistake is to be born in china and have to skate under the FOOLISH chinese fed instead of a good one like Japanese fed :(
I love yu jin so much that i'm so so so angry and upset about the federation forcing yu jin to split and change partners (according to the news, yu xiaoyu is very unhappy about the arrangement :'( )
I hate it when the federation does foolish thing on their own accord without thinking about the future and will of their skaters :(

If the new partnership of yu and zhang doesn't go well, of course they'll probably pin it on Yu like they did with Peng. :rolleye: Whoever was behind this needs several reality checks. I can't imagine David Wilson being very happy to choreograph for this messy situation. Feel sorry for Yu, Peng and Jin. I'm sorry but Zhang is really being selfish at this point- even if the switch was not his idea, he's willing to break up a promising young pair so he can continue his?

ahkeekee

Medalist

If the new partnership of yu and zhang doesn't go well, of course they'll probably pin it on Yu like they did with Peng. :rolleye: Whoever was behind this needs several reality checks. I can't imagine David Wilson being very happy to choreograph for this messy situation. Feel sorry for Yu, Peng and Jin. I'm sorry but Zhang is really being selfish at this point- even if the switch was not his idea, he's willing to break up a promising young pair so he can continue his?

I agree :( I just feel so sad for Peng, Yu and Jin, i will never follow pairs again if this really happens in the end :( (i cannot withstand another fury and heart break like this) --> like every time i watch yu zhang, peng jin, i cannot help but think how unhappily these pairs are formed :(

bsfan

On the Ice
I read a chinese official review of last season and it mentioned the swap. Basically they said they regroup the stronger part of both pairs and expect them to be successful immediately, referring to russian and germen teams (V/T and S/M) as good examples.

burntBREAD

Medalist

I think this is from the thread in The Edge, but the original whistleblower seemed to insinuate that it was Zhao Hongbo's decision in the end and that Bin Yao really has little authority in the pairs program now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I think this is from the thread in The Edge, but the original whistleblower seemed to insinuate that it was Zhao Hongbo's decision in the end and that Bin Yao really has little authority in the pairs program now.

Yeah, I read that shortly after- so disappointed if true. Ugh, i'm exhausted from just reading about all this, imagine how the skaters must feel. :(

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Gosh it's been almost 2 years after they've splitted but I still watch their videos, and just still miss them so much.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Do you like either of their two new pairs at all?

Last season, I prefered P/J, their short was so playfull and funny, even though their FS wasn't as strong. Y/Z didn't have the chemistry foe me, they were elegant, but firstly, I couldn't connect to them and secondly, I didn't cheer for them because of Zhang, as he was partly responsible for the breakup. I cheered for P/J since they were left out and were the underdogs.

This season P/J are struggling and have fallen apart and Y/Z are better and Yu is as elegant as always, but still, it's visible the chemistry isn't really there. I know I could probably cheer for Y/Z because of Yu, but I just can't and I don't really feel them. Also, I don't want them to be succesful as much so Chinese Fed will realize that they are so dumb.

formersk8ter

On the Ice
I don't want them to be succesful as much so Chinese Fed will realize that they are so dumb.

Sorry to hear that... it means you are rooting against Yu, and you claim to be her fan.

The Chinese Fed is not dumb. It is business to them, nothing more... they are not caught up in the emotional drama fans create and feed off of. Yu/Zhang has worked out wonderfully and Cheng Peng is much better with Jin.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Last season, I prefered P/J, their short was so playfull and funny, even though their FS wasn't as strong. Y/Z didn't have the chemistry foe me, they were elegant, but firstly, I couldn't connect to them and secondly, I didn't cheer for them because of Zhang, as he was partly responsible for the breakup. I cheered for P/J since they were left out and were the underdogs.

This season P/J are struggling and have fallen apart and Y/Z are better and Yu is as elegant as always, but still, it's visible the chemistry isn't really there. I know I could probably cheer for Y/Z because of Yu, but I just can't and I don't really feel them. Also, I don't want them to be succesful as much so Chinese Fed will realize that they are so dumb.

So you don't want Yu to succeed because you think somebody else is dumb?

If the Fed were dumb, there is no need for you to wish for their failure. As it is, the Chinese Pairs are much more competitive than before the switch so the fed, actually Coach Zhao, is not really dumb at all. People who matter, especially Yu, Zhang, and their coaches, are not working to validate your opinion as you wish.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
It's not me wishing for their failure... I am conflicted about it. I absolutely hate how Chinese federation and the coaches handled it, but I feel sorry for Yu. Me saying 'I don't want them to be successful as much' wasn't meant as 'I hope they'll fall over the place', it was rather meant as that wouldn't be still winning Gold medal at the Olympics or being a sure medalist.

You know, it's hard when you cheer for one person and feel sorry for them, but rather dislike the other person in the partnership.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
It's not me wishing for their failure... I am conflicted about it. I absolutely hate how Chinese federation and the coaches handled it, but I feel sorry for Yu. Me saying 'I don't want them to be successful as much' wasn't meant as 'I hope they'll fall over the place', it was rather meant as that wouldn't be still winning Gold medal at the Olympics or being a sure medalist.

You know, it's hard when you cheer for one person and feel sorry for them, but rather dislike the other person in the partnership.

I've been feeling similar :) I will never be okay with how the teams got rearranged, but I'm glad that both Y/Z and P/J are finding success after the swap. I still feel for Yu, but I really love how she portrays her 2 programs, especially as the swan in Swan Lake! And I think she's gaining more confidence in her jumps and becoming more consistent. All towards making this partnership even better.

icybear

Medalist
First of all hoping for a skater to fail in any way is a twisted and stupid thing. Second of all, you want her to fail just to make the Chinese Fed look dumb. Lol what a dumb reason. And no the Chinese Fed aren't dumb, seems like the dumb ones are the one who can't see that Yu is having much greater success and winning more stuff and at the end of the day, being an athlete is about winning medals not making chemistry to appease you.