Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Olympia - Library opened in honor

Bona Fide Member GS Forum Staff's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Fire R.I.P. Olympia - Library opened in honor

We are sad to announce that one of our dearest posters, Olympia, passed away on Sep 30, 2014. Our thoughts and prayers to go out to her friends and family members. Olympia, a member for over five years, was a model poster. She was knowledgeable in an abundance of topics and would have purposeful and fun discussions with anyone. We will miss her dearly.

Her obit can be found here.

A forum has been added in honor of Olympia called the "Library" where you can introduce and discuss your favorite books.
    Last edited by GS Forum Staff; 11-13-2014 at 09:44 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    omg

i'm sorry to hear this.. rest in peace my dear olympia.. a great and passionate fan who didn't side with anyone.. just the love for skating..

0 Not allowed!
    I am heartbroken to hear this

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Oh my god!!! I am very sad. I miss her so much. We used to fawn over Dai. oh No!!,

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry to hear this. I joined the forum far too late to be close to her, but it's hard not to see the positive effect she had on this forum. Lovely person through and through, may she rest in peace.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    It's a real loss for us here on the Forum and even more so for people who knew her in person I'm sure.
    Olympia's posts were positive and interesting.
    I miss you!

0 Not allowed!
    We've lost one of our own. I called her office in New York this morning and got the news from the owners. She had worked with them since 1977 and was considered family. She worked on school curriculum matters which will surprise no one here! We had chatted over the years on many topics but I think I got to know her really well during Worlds in London. She could not come so I got her some gifts from the event and sent them to her; that's when I found out who she was. We have shared a lot since. She loved folk music, Stan Rogers in particular, old movies, had a passion for the arts, and most certainly, a love for language.
    But I think what I will remember most is that voice of reason, that intellect, that incredible spirit of generosity in this group. She was a very deep profound woman. I never met her in person; I don't even know what she looked like but I met her here. And I must console myself with that.
    Her former colleagues are devastated by the loss and I've made them aware of our group. Sad sad day.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    This is very sad. She was amongst my favorites of all the posters because of her compassion, kindness, level-headedness and insight. Decency throughout. A beautiful soul who radiated that beauty in her posts. Rest in peace.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Oh my god, I thought she was a college student... I am also impressed by her beautiful, thoughtful and kind posts and was wondering why isnt she post recently...May she rest in peace..

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Shocking, heartbreaking news.

May she R.I.P.

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    So sad. Olympia always had something to add and found the most effect way to do so. She seemed so genuine. This is a huge loss for us. My heart is broken today

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    So sorry... may she rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers to her friends and family.

Tripping on the Podium mikiandorocks's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    R.I.P. Olympia. My condolences to her family and friends.

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Please rest well, Olympic.

0 Not allowed!
    oh no!! so sad!!!!

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    And just week ago we were wondering why she didn't post recently.

0 Not allowed!
    She was my favorite poster. So smart , kind, patient,I thouth about her she is educated and she has so many knowledge about everything. Some days ago I was thinking about Olympia, where is she? I have not read her posts of several weeks. R.I.P. Olympia..
    Last edited by plushyfan; 11-13-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    We have to take comfort knowing she made a difference and that Olympia is posting from above. RIP!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    And just week ago we were wondering why she didn't post recently.
    I was thinking the same thing. She will be missed. She was one of the most respectful and thoughtful posters in this forum. She was positive about every skater. RIP

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    I am so sorry to hear this. Olympia was a lovely person, and one of the most generous posters at GS. She had a great outlook - she seemed to find something positive to say about every skater.

Her contributions will be much missed.

May she rest in peace.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast