2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Free Skate 11/15 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Rostelecom Cup Men's Free Skate 11/15

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Jason BROWN, USA ...........235.56 (FS TES 80.26, PCS 78.98)
Artur GACHINSKI, RUS .........201.26 (FS TES 61.11, PCS 67.02)
Stephen CARRIERE, USA ......201.24 (FS TES 61.60, PCS 67.44)
Jeremy TEN, CAN ...............198.50 (FS TES 58.09, PCS 67.50)
Ivan RIGHINI, ITA ..............195.07 (FS TES 64.77, PCS 62.56)
Moris KVITELASHVILI, RUS ...174.25 (FS TES 51.81, PCS 60.20)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm still feeling wuzrobbed of the back split-back lunge-tano Lutz.

That was worth it. Good boy!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Always appreciate a skater who fight for it... ha as expected, I thought his presentation might drop below 80 in Cup of Russia, and I was right, he got 78+

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Kovtun 84, Jason 78... tried get my head around that.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Boy that was memorable for a whole bunch of reasons. And a PB for him. That last spin is breathtaking. And now he knows he can improvise successfully on the fly if he needs to. That deserves a :clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Mrs. P - I was holding my breath and not even able to watch!!!

NO joke. I was seriously expecting the worst after all those guys did so poorly. I think Jason surprised himself that he pulled that off. I never seen him get emotional like that before! It must've really been a tough week.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay. Come on Max. You got this. You got this. Gladiator your way to the top. Please.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sadly his PB TES from Jr. Worlds still stands. He was so close! Less than .75 of a point!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I wanna give the ESP guys a lesson in Japanese name pronunciation so badly.

supsu

On the Ice
Holy balls. He messed up on the lutz but then improv the combo on the second half!

I know, that was pretty great for Jason! Good job. But still some mistakes. I said after the combo here out loud that good job boy, and my male dog jumped to bed next to me and was like yes yes mom i am, where's the treat? :laugh2:

And to gallavich, thanks!

Brown undermarked blabantly on PCS over the competition though. TR and SS scores are crazy.

Anyway, will be forever thankfull to him for doing justice to this piece I fell in love with fourteen years ago (minus the chains and water which were breathing points/character settings in the original program). Ponsero used a bit of it too but not entirely. Not that I don't like A/B's but well, it's not the same league here.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Boy that was memorable for a whole bunch of reasons. And a PB for him. That last spin is breathtaking. And now he knows he can improvise successfully on the fly if he needs to. That deserves a :clap:

I agree! He probably left some +GOE on the table, but this is definitely something to build on.

Brown undermarked blabantly on PCS over the competition though. TR and SS scores are crazy.

Anyway, will be forever thankfull to him for doing justice to this piece I fell in love with fourteen years ago (minus the chains and water which were breathing points/character settings in the original program). Ponsero used a bit of it too but not entirely. Not that I don't like A/B's but well, it's not the same league here.

Eh, he got the second group PCS. It probably would have been over 80 had he been in the final group. It's encouraging that his TES was higher than his PCS for once. :)

Last edited:

noskates

Record Breaker
He'll get there! I think he's settled into this program now and it will just keep improving. Jason is a sensitive young man and losing someone close to him probably took it's toll.