best RACH performer | Golden Skate

best RACH performer

kevinshawn

Spectator
lots of outstanding skaters had ever used this classical piece of music,and i am wondering who you think should be regarded as the best performer of it .
LUCHEN,MICHILLE KWAN,SASHA COHEN,SARAH.....
countless of skaters should be taken into concideration
including a lot of male skaters and pairs...

sarahmistral

On the Ice
ITA, Koroleva

1.Mishkutenok & Dmitriev Rach is in a league of its own.
2.Lu Chen is a strong 2nd.
3. of the ones I know, I'd have Michelle's SP and Sasha's LP tied for third place

Long live M&D's Rach!!!:love:

Sarah

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I prefer singles skating to pairs or dance.... So I kinda prefer Sasha Cohen's Rach. Although I'm not sure I ever saw a clean version of it. She was doing brilliantly at Campbel's that year (even did a 3/3) but she fell out of a spin? My favorite part was the footwork section.

M&D's rach was lovely, but a little too avant gard for my tastes. I just went back and watched my tape from the olympics, I think that may be one of the best silver medal performances ever.

Michelle's 98 rach was great, but I'm not sure I liked rerach as much.

icenut84

Final Flight
Longhornliz said:
I prefer singles skating to pairs or dance.... So I kinda prefer Sasha Cohen's Rach. Although I'm not sure I ever saw a clean version of it. She was doing brilliantly at Campbel's that year (even did a 3/3) but she fell out of a spin? My favorite part was the footwork section.

You might be thinking of her performance at 03 Worlds LP - she landed a 3-3 (IIRC that's the only time she has, in competition), and she also fell out of her camel spin and fell on the 3toe in that performance. I didn't see Campbells though, but what you said fits 03 Worlds.

sarahmistral

On the Ice
Longhornliz said:

M&D's rach was lovely, but a little too avant gard for my tastes. I just went back and watched my tape from the olympics, I think that may be one of the best silver medal performances ever.

Michelle's 98 rach was great, but I'm not sure I liked rerach as much.

Hey Liz!
Don't worry, I'm not here to bully you into picking M&D's Rach as the best:laugh: Actually, Sasha's Rach was clean (except for a tiny stumble on crossovers at the edge of the rink) at Worlds qualifying, and you can download it from the Other Skaters page at

www.cruelladekwan.com

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Sarah

lulu

Final Flight
Rach certainly seems to be a magical definitive piece for SO many great skaters.
But if I had to choose THE rach-it would be (for me) without a doubt M&D. It was emotional, passionate and IMO maybe even a few years ahead of it's time. It certainly was a creative way to present Rach.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
People, people, people...yes, Sasha had the best Rach....but not Sasha Cohen! Sasha Abt and his fabulous "I've been attacked by a squid" shirt! (I love that outfit, btw), and he should've won Euros 2002 with it.

How easily you all forget. Hmph. :D

Laura :)

Last edited:

icenut84

Final Flight
PrincessLeppard said:
Sasha Abt and his fabulous "I've been attacking by a squid" shirt! (I love that outfit, btw), and he should've won Euros 2002 with it.

Totally. Sasha wuz robbed, big time. (I also love that shirt! Robin Cousins wasn't too mad on it, IIRC, but I thought it was a lot better than many skaters wear.)

gypsy

Spectator
People, people, people...yes, Sasha had the best Rach....but not Sasha Cohen! Sasha Abt and his fabulous "I've been attacked by a squid" shirt! (I love that outfit, btw), and he should've won Euros 2002 with it.

Oh....when it comes to Sasha's....he is one I will NEVER forget!!

And I agree completly....his was the best and he wuz most definitely robbed!!! (and I loved the outfit too!!)

Sasha come back....we miss you!!!!!:cry:

Janet