Rika Hongo | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Rika Hongo

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck to Rika at Printemps. Hope she can finish out the season on a high note.

SkaterX

On the Ice
Does anyone have any idea what's been going on with her this season? Does she have an injury or something?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Awhile back, someone said she had a bone bruise on one of her ankles (since last summer). Have heard that a bone bruise is very painful and takes a long time to heal.

ETA -- I just double checked -- this is the same thing (bone bruise) U.S. Polina Edmonds has been struggling with for at least a year.

Last edited:

tzazu

Medalist
Really sad because Satoko withdraws from Worlds due to injury, but Rika is going in her place, so very happy for her and wishing her the best!:luv17:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Really sad because Satoko withdraws from Worlds due to injury, but Rika is going in her place, so very happy for her and wishing her the best!:luv17:

So Rika will be at Worlds??? Wow! Such great news (but yeah... feel bad for Satoko :( )

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Best of luck to Rika. Now I want to watch her Printemps competition again and watch a little more closely. I think unfortunately she isn't quite at 100% either. These skaters are so dedicated and push themselves so hard! :eek:hwell:

emmiele

Rinkside
Good luck Rika! Was hoping she didn't have to go to Worlds with her injury and having been to 3 competitions since Jan. Poor girl must be exhausted. Hopefully she can do as well as she can and be able to recover after this for the next season.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm proud of you Rika. After such a miserable warmup and injuries and everything. To be able to skate with your whole heart is all we can ask. Gamba in the FS. Skate for joy. :ghug:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I'm happy that she's going back to Riverdance for purely selfish reasons: I like it better than Lawrence and if there's a sliver of chance of Rika making it to Worlds, I'd love to see her with Riverdance at Worlds.

You got your wish! How was it?

Tulipstar

Medalist
I am quite new to watching figure skating, but just saw her programs at the Cup of China 2015 and thought she was amazing.

I hope to see a lot more of her in the future:clap:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here are some photos I took of Rika at World's in Helsinki
It was great to see her again! Wonderful SP!

She's had many disappointments the last season or so, and it's heartbreaking to see her feeling down or with tears in her eyes... so I hope she returns next season, fighting fit at full strength, and with renewed confidence and optimism!

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Rika likes powerful pieces of music...
Love the Frida selections, especially Burn It Blue. Best of luck to her this season!!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really like the Frida music for Rika. Hope she has fully recovered from her bone bruise. Looking forward to seeing her at Sk Can.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really love Rika's Frida program. There's something about it that really fits well with Rika. I think she has a flair for the drama! and I hadn't really thought of her as skating a character before, but this already is working for her.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
A belated happy birthday to Rika! I hope she has a successful season ahead of her and that no injuries bother her. I look forward to seeing her live in just 14 days at Nepela trophy! :hap85:
Too bad the FP link isn't working anymore, but I liked her SP well enough.