Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728

Thread: Rika Hongo

Let’s go crazy

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alifyre View Post
    It looks like Rika is getting a new SP this year -- Kill Bill! I'm very excited, I think she does great with energetic music. Nothing yet on her free, but I'm hoping she keeps Frida. I want to see that program performed to its full potential.
    I just watched her latest proformance of Kill Bill from PIW, I like the choreography, but she does need some time to balance the presentation and the technical elements in the program, at the moment I don’t see much emotions/ presentation going on, I think she is still getting use to the new SP, but I could see the potential in the new SP, so excited ~ (I love Akiko’s Kill Bill, so Rika have to invest more, in order to separate herself from Akiko’s proformance. She can it do, I have faith in her.)

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DorYiu View Post
    I just watched her latest proformance of Kill Bill from PIW, I like the choreography, but she does need some time to balance the presentation and the technical elements in the program, at the moment I don’t see much emotions/ presentation going on, I think she is still getting use to the new SP, but I could see the potential in the new SP, so excited ~ (I love Akiko’s Kill Bill, so Rika have to invest more, in order to separate herself from Akiko’s proformance. She can it do, I have faith in her.)
    I agree, for Rika I'm always waiting for the middle or end of the Season before her programs really start to look good. She'll get it eventually.

Tripping on the Podium sakurano's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Despite the technical problems I think this SP on Kill Bill is fine, she did well to show it now so she can get used to it and fix the flaws

Let’s go crazy

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interspectator View Post
    I agree, for Rika I'm always waiting for the middle or end of the Season before her programs really start to look good. She'll get it eventually.
    Agree, fun part of being a FS fan, get to see the program evolve during the season~

0 Not allowed!
    Any news or update on Rika this season.. ? I look forward to seeing her on the ice..

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    She is announced to take part in GP Helsinki.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_Fin View Post
    She is announced to take part in GP Helsinki.

1 Not allowed!
    A belated Happy Birthday to Rika who turned 22 on Sept 6! Hope she has a great and injury-free season ahead of her!
    I think she's debuting her new programs in her Challenger in Finland in a month. Both sound like very interesting choices. Good luck!

2 Not allowed!
    Really enjoyed Rika's Kill Bill short today.. her energy is amazing and that program suits her so well!! Good luck in the FS!!

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    Such a shame she could not get it together in the FS 😢
    I loved the program though. And starting so early really kept her PCS down, she is nowhere only a 49 PCS points skater.
    She always has programs that fit her very well. Her Kill Bill is fun to watch!

Wish her all the best in the GP in Helsinki!

3 Not allowed!
    I loved the program too, especially the step sequence, it's very intense. I hope this doesn't discourage her, it was so horrible seeing her score so low I'm rooting so hard for her to do well on her GP, go Rika!!

3 Not allowed!
    Here to wish Rika a successful transfer to her new training base in Vancouver. I loved her as a Howa girl, but if this helps her regain the joy of skating that made me a fan in the first place, I'll be happy. I hope she puts Finlandia behind her and has a pleasant rest of the season. At least, as pleasant as such a big move can get. Good luck, Rika, fingers crossed it works out for you!

2 Not allowed!
    The GP Finland result was still a far cry from Rika's last season performances, but she seemed happier and more at ease here. i was glad to see her smile in relief. I hope this helps her rebuild her confidence. She looked like she was experiencing some health problems, also a snippet in an interview made it sound a bit like that (*); I hope she's OK and happy in her new home base.
    The next step is a decent result at Nationals, and there's time enough to prepare. Fingers crossed.

(*) - it's this interview: https://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/2...280007-n1.html, she says '今できることは出せた'. It should mean she put everything she can do now into her performance? That made me suspect some health issues.

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    So happy to have seen Rika skate live 😍(and to be able to throw her a present)! At least she could redeem herself a bit in the FS! She is a true fighter and that FS costume is gorgeous!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennibeultimate View Post
    So happy to have seen Rika skate live ��(and to be able to throw her a present)! At least she could redeem herself a bit in the FS! She is a true fighter and that FS costume is gorgeous!
    Happy for you! Did you get to tell her anything?
    I hope she feels the fans' appreciation and that it gives her strength.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Loved her SP--she looks really good (it does seem like she's come back from injuries). Good luck to her in Vancouver...

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    Happy for you! Did you get to tell her anything?
    I hope she feels the fans' appreciation and that it gives her strength.
    Sadly I could not talk to her in person but at least she got the present I threw to the ice.
    But I could take some pictures: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp786DAl...d=vsr4z8kkqgtp

She looks gorgeous in her costumes! 😍

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Rika's music for the season are announced
    https://twitter.com/sywtwfs/status/1...079471106?s=09
    She keeps the Kill Bill SP and has her new FS set to the Ghost in the shell Soundtrack.

Wish her all the best for the upcoming season!

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    I wonder which version of GitS soundtrack is used.

1995 and 2004 film by Kenji Kawai
    2002-06 TV series by Yoko Kanno
    2013-14 film by Cornelius
    2017 live action film by Clint Mansell, Lorne Balfe

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    I was just watching Rika’s Riverdance from CoC, one of my favourite skates, it was fantastic. I then decided to see what events she was doing in this years GP. I was disappointed to see that even though they are 9 Japanese skaters on the GP, sadly Rika was not one of them ��

Will she get some Senior B’s this season? Hopefully we will see we her on the international circuit.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728