2014 Cup of Russia GALA / Exhibition | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of Russia GALA / Exhibition

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Thank you. I was very curious about the music, and assumed the singer must be someone very "Big" in Russia.

I'm starting to like Voronov more and more. It helps that I absolutely adore Vysotsky. I grew up listening to his music :)

Oh Sergei... You are so unique in your sense of music choice, now even your fashion... :laugh2:

Actually, in this Gala Chock&Bates also danced to a Vysotskij's song "Broken flight" although with a French lady singer. They were quite dramatic. I enjoyed.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I think he tried to recreate emotions from the famous Baryshnikov's dance in "White nights" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JFJndGeCHI

Baryshnikov was a Soviet dancer who emigrated to the U.S. and played a role of a famous Soviet dancer who defected to the U.S. The film is predominantly propaganda but this dance is terrific. I am not sure Voronov was as powerful as Baryshnikov performing to the same song.
Yes, I thought I link Baryshnikov performance here but then Voronov did a completely different routine so I decided not to. Of course that was the first thing that came into my mind when I heard the music. Piece of art.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ok, not good to double post, but I found this gem of a photo on tumblr right now, how can I not share it?
http://theicedancekingdom.tumblr.com/post/102874920271/swizzlesandtwizzles-awkward-cup-of-russia-gala

Holy Mother of Awkward :laugh:

I don't follow ice dance, but of course it's impossible to avoid reading about all the "drama" that was supposed to go down, but...did anything actually happen or is it all sort of like fan fiction? I was expecting, I dunno, some dirty looks at the very least, or some drinks thrown at the banquet, you know...some real drama! Seems to me like they don't really care. But perhaps I'm missing some crucial part of the story.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't follow ice dance, but of course it's impossible to avoid reading about all the "drama" that was supposed to go down, but...did anything actually happen or is it all sort of like fan fiction? I was expecting, I dunno, some dirty looks at the very least, or some drinks thrown at the banquet, you know...some real drama! Seems to me like they don't really care. But perhaps I'm missing some crucial part of the story.

Nothing happened. Fan fiction, particularly from those who can't get over I&K yet. :hopelessness:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Will be interesting to see Chock&Bates' ex in Barselona. I wonder if they made this one specifically for Russia and if not what drove their decision to skate to a Vysotsky's dramatic song.

I tried to rewatch the video - sound is not in sync - just impossible to watch. I wonder if the rest of Eurosport 2 clips are the same. Sportbox stream is in sync.

Last edited:

Astrid56

Final Flight
Will be interesting to see Chock&Bates' ex in Barselona. I wonder if they made this one specifically for Russia and if not what drove their decision to skate to a Vysotsky's dramatic song.

I tried to rewatch the video - sound is not in sync - just impossible to watch. I wonder if the rest of Eurosport 2 clips are the same. Sportbox stream is in sync.

Here's the Eurosport Version _ I think it is a clear copy. http://youtu.be/XTiSF7Kym8M?list=UUpmadplEROgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks! Lol, what was the dumbest question you were asked after the olympics?

Yulia: Em, I was sick of all of them *cue Voronov and Pitkeev laughing their asses off* :laugh2:

IIRC it was aimed at the particular reporter who worked for or was the one releasing personal info about her. I still think the highlight was that sweater though:p

I'm going to watch the gala videos ASAP so I can actually comment on topic next time:slink:

Alba

Record Breaker

I think it was for Russia. In SA they did 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word'.

Astrid56

Final Flight
I think it was for Russia. In SA they did 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word'.
I think they just thought it was time to have a new Exhibition number. 'Sorry ...' was their 2nd EX program and they skated it for two years. The first one_ in Patinaje artístico _ was just skated in 2011 and then changed in 2012.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
I think they just thought it was time to have a new Exhibition number. 'Sorry ...' was their 2nd EX program and they skated it for two years. The first one_ in Patinaje artístico _ was just skated in 2011 and then changed in 2012.

Maybe. I'm not informed that much about Gala's program tbh, because I usually don't watch the Gala.
I went and check about SA. :biggrin:

pauline21

Spectator
Sorry, but this is not a link to the full video but to a press conference. Does anyone have a link to the full Russian exhibition gala of Rostelecom cup on Eurosport 2, if possible in French, 2014, november 16? Thanks beforehand!:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, but this is not a link to the full video but to a press conference. Does anyone have a link to the full Russian exhibition gala of Rostelecom cup on Eurosport 2, if possible in French, 2014, november 16? Thanks beforehand!:)

I haven't seen a link to the whole gala but check post #15 on the thread below that I've linked :)

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?52633-2014-Rostelecom-Cup-Videos-and-Results

It's got everything as far as I know. It's just not all on one link. Hope this helps and welcome to Golden Skate. Post often ;)

Last edited:

pauline21

Spectator