2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Ladies SP 11/21

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Go Ashley! I really want to see her advance to the Grand Prix Final. :)

Chris_E

On the Ice
Got to chime in with a "Go Ashley!" myself. I know she can win TEB 3 years in a row!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This event will be otherwise be known as

- Yulia redeems, revives Juliet from career suicide.
- Elena demonstrate sonogram power Rrrrussia style.
- Ashley skates like a Grandma & demand Meryl Streep bonus!
- Cesario's 'My Carmen is betta than yours Rika! See see see... but how come my pcs still suck?'
- Imai holding off Rika's insurgence!
- Wow Mae wow!
- Veteran nostalgia time. Must rewatch Yuna/Gershwin at TEB Minimum 3 times! (May ends up 10 times depends on how everyone skated.)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker

- Cesario's 'My Carmen is betta than yours Rika! See see see... but how come my pcs still suck?'
- Wow Mae wow!
- Veteran nostalgia time. Must rewatch Yuna/Gershwin at TEB Minimum 3 times! (May ends up 10 times depends on how everyone skated.)

:rofl:

Sackie

Medalist
The interesting question for me with this event is whether the judges revert to marking by rep or will they do what they did last week and mark by what they see on that day. If they mark as they did last week Wagner could end up down in the standings if she has a performance like she did at SC. There she had 2 under rotated jumps yet some judges didn't even give her -GOE for them!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The interesting question for me with this event is whether the judges revert to marking by rep or will they do what they did last week and mark by what they see on that day. If they mark as they did last week Wagner could end up down in the standings if she has a performance like she did at SC. There she had 2 under rotated jumps yet some judges didn't even give her -GOE for them!

All the judges gave Ashley -GOE for the 2a+3t<. For the 3lo<, only one judge gave her +1; 3 gave her 0 and the rest gave her -1.

Lisa Ervin is the TS for the ladies, and she is a notorious stickler. We may see more es than !s, and a lot more URs. Poor Anna Ovcharova!

Scovies

Final Flight

As chuckm pointed out, she got all negative GOE for the 2A+3T<. On the loop, the judges can take -1 or -2 for the underrotation. But they can also give positive GOE for the spread eagle entry (and having recognizable free skating/steps before the jump), timing it well with the music, and the extension of the free leg on the landing. Given that, any GOE between -1 and +1 is perfectly justifiable (even though +1 would be pushing it), and those are the scores she received.

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Your rock!

- Wow Mae wow!

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker

- Wow Mae wow!

Haha :) Hilarious :biggrin:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Yay go Ashley! :cheer:

Jeez, why blame Ashley for getting a lot of PCS and GOE boosts when the most ridiculous score inflation were given others this season....?

I would love to see Ashley have a great season and pull ahead of Gracie. :slink:

Last edited: