"Mr. T" to be set free | Golden Skate

"Mr. T" to be set free

S

skatingfan5

"Mr. T" to be set free

No extradition to the U.S. from Italy for Mr. T -- Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov, the "reputed Russian mobster" who the FBI had issued a warrant for trying to fix the SLC skating competitions.
www.gatorsports.com/apps/.../306160863
Not clear if this means the FBI is dropping this entire investigation or what.

J

Joesitz

Re: "Mr. T" to be set free

According to what I read in the Gator, there is apparently a legal snafu here.

Joe

M

mpal2

I wonder if his alleged crimes in Italy have anything to do with Italy keeping him. We can't have him so they can prosecute and jail him first?

Either that or some people got paid off big time. :lol:

E

Emilieanne

Oh well...at least the guy rotted in jail for 10 months. Other than that, it is back to "business as usual" for the ISU. It sure would have been interesting to see who he would have dragged down with him if it did go to court, but that is something none of us will find out now. :p

P

Ptichka

I usually listen to American news (mainly NPR and CNN). From them, I got the impression that T. was definitely a mobster. A series of articles I have recently read in Russian press (including an interview with Sophia Loren) really put this into doubt. Now, as many of you know from my previous posts, I am extremely skeptical of the Russian press; however, many of the facts they sighted seemed true to me. I am not saying he is definitely not a mobster, but I am not so sure that he is either. Definitely it is not nearly as certain a question as some of the American press would have us believe.