What NHK skaters need for GPF | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What NHK skaters need for GPF

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Russia-China showdown! :yay:

Yes. But I'm most interested in seeing how Stolbova/Klimov, Duhamel/Radford and Kavaguti/Smirnov will rank. The difference between S/K in 1st in SB and K/S in 3rd is nearly three points. If everyone skates their best, it will be interesting to see where they will place.

On the other end, it will be a mini-Chinese nationals for our three top teams. They will likely be our Worlds team, which is a bummer cause I love Wang/Wang.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Wagner is officially in the finals

It's Gold and Wagner, 2 Americans battling 4 Russians :)

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Wagner is officially in the finals

and so is Gold! She couldn't quite believe it either when she said "I WON?? No WAY!!" She seemed genuinely surprised and delighted. Also very humbling of her to say in the K&C, even though she won, that she was not at her best on the day.

So it's 4 Russians and 2 Americans, and no Japanese lady in the GPF in over ten years!! Look at the long line of Japanese ladies who medaled: Suguri, Arakawa, Asada, Nakano, Ando, Suzuki and Murakami ... that's quite a legacy for Japan! :clap:

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Page updated: http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2014/gpsladies.htm

1 Elena RADIONOVA 30 (2 golds; 399.39)
2 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA 28 (gold and silver; 386.22)
3 Anna POGORILAYA 28 (gold and silver; 365.24)
4 Gracie GOLD 26 (gold and bronze; 370.54)
5 Julia LIPNITSKAIA 26 (two silvers; 358.75)
6 Ashley WAGNER 24 (silver and bronze; 363.74)

First Alternate: Rika HONGO - 22 (1st + 5th; 349.47)
Second Alternate: Satoko MIYAHARA - 22 (two bronze; 360.77)
Third Alternate: Kanako MURAKAMI -20 (bronze, 4th; 342.48)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley should feel very lucky to have backed into the GPF. She will need some luck not to finish last.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Ashley should feel very lucky to have backed into the GPF. She will need some luck not to finish last.

Luckier is Lipnitskaia given her disastrous CoC skate that still got her silver.

It will be difficult for Wagner to medal but if Lip/Gold/Pogo repeat their poorer GP performances (173.57, 179.38, 173.43) and Ashley skates as well as she did at Skate Canada (186.00) she will medal.

I'm still thinking Ashley will be off the podium though. I'm guessing it'll be Rad/Tukt/Lip on the podium.

desertskates

Medalist
Here's to hoping all of the ladies will stay illness and injury free for the next two weeks. They've got that time to buckle down, train hard and hopefully all of them will skate their best! This will be a very interesting final and provide a little peek into what we can look forward to for Russian and US Nationals. I think Barcelona is a wonderful place to hold the finals! The jetlag is a lot easier to handle going to Europe than Asia, so that should be of some help to Gracie and Ashley. I hope they skate well and one of them lands on the podium :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Ashley makes GPF!!! Woohoo! (I guess I should thank Alena of all people?) My NHK predictions are destroyed but I don't care. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Ashley makes GPF!!! Woohoo! (I guess I should thank Alena of all people?) My NHK predictions are destroyed but I don't care. :)

Yes you should. :) I wonder if Ashley was sitting at home cheering her on: "Go, Alena! You can do it!"? :)