2014 NHK Trophy Short Dance 11/28 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Short Dance 11/28

caitie

Medalist
Nelli and Alex's program looked like a rebellion against the SD format to me.

If Coomes and Buckland get 2nd here, they're through to the GPF, right?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Nelli and Alex's program looked like a rebellion against the SD format to me.

If Coomes and Buckland get 2nd here, they're through to the GPF, right?

Yes, they have to get second. Two bronzes wouldn't work, I/Z would get in by having a higher finish overall.

But it looks like Penny and Nick brought it! They were full of fire today, very intense. I like them a lot, even with the height difference :biggrin:

firal

Record Breaker
Impressed with C/B! Saw their FP for the first time the other day and was quite impressed too. Hope they make it through.

Now the Canadians!

Last edited:

gmyers

Record Breaker
For now. They are scoring well for only being together 6/7 months. I am sure they have buckled down since RC. They can only get better and seem to be consistent so far.

Maybe it can happen for I/z as long as the Russian federation learns about how to combine the tech levels with goe

They are a new team. Hardly a surprise. I would say the same about S&K.
I actually was surprised to see I&Z at this level so soon. Did you expect them to challenge the top couples so soon? Give them time.

Ch/ba are a 2 or 3 year old team but also don't have the strangling russian federation around not knowing about high tech levels and goe in ice dance.

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
Impressed with C/B! Saw their FP for the first time the other day and was quite impressed too. Hope they make it through.

Now the Canadians!

Yeah, I'm happy for them!

Good luck to W&P.

ETA: Thanks for answering my question, guys!

Alba

Record Breaker
C/b are a 2 or 3 year old team but also don't have the strangling russian federation around not knowing about high tech levels and goe in ice dance.

C&B (USA) got also some "generous" levels. ;)
Anyway, as I already explained I&Z got the levels and levels is not always about understanding them.
S&K didn't worked with russian officials before CoR and they didn't got the levels What about that?
Many of us here do understand levels, but it's quite different knowing them and going out there and skate to it.

Last edited:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
C&B got also some "generous" levels. ;) Anyway, as I already explained I&Z got the levels and levels is not always about understanding them. S&K didn't worked with russian officials before CoR and they didn't got the levels What about that? Many of us here do understand levels, but it's quite different knowing them and going out there and skate to it.

I agree Alba. I always found Evan to have the stronger skating skills. Madison still has some catching up to do. I don't think C/B won a Grand Prix medal their first season out.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Twizzles slightly out of sync. I think Kaitlyn was about half a beat behind during them.

But in terms of presentation... Wow! She sold that program! They really embody the 'matador and his cape' paso, which I like a lot. He's improved on emoting a lot. :cheer2:

I also like her dress. But what blows in the wind more... his hair or her skirt? :biggrin:

charmblade

Final Flight
Hmm, Hawayek and Baker are in good position for a possible medal with their gorgeous Romeo and Juliet free dance.