2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm SO excited! Joshua's first outing this season! I can't wait to see the full competitive version of his new SP and of course, I am ready and waiting with the tissues to see his sublime Schindler's List again!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am praying...:hopelessness: please Yuzuru please think of your health :hopelessness:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
no quads, no quads , please...

Well, why wouldn't he? He already knows that he can fall on his backside five times and he'll still get a medal...I imagine in Japan it will be even worse, he'll probably win.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, why wouldn't he? He already knows that he can fall on his backside five times and he'll still get a medal...I imagine in Japan it will be even worse, he'll probably win.
This is offensive. You say as if Yuzuru wants to fall while in fact no one wants it ever, including himself. Falls go along with further injuries and people are worrying over his health. He has 5 injuries on his body. Medal or not we don't care. It's not worth if you have to use wheelchair afterwards.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good line up for the Men. Do we know about Yuzuru yet?

To bad about Jorik's withdrawal. I hope his injury is not to serious.

Hi deedee!

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thanks! Great photo of him and Brian. Yuzu does looks rested. :)

Last edited:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Thanks! Great photo of him and Brian. Yuzu does looks rested. :)
It's photo from few years back ;)

Orser told today that chances of him competing are very big. He resumed training 10 days ago, being still monitored by doctors how he is recovering. He is doing quads already......... Final decision will be made after tomorrow practice

demarinis5

Record Breaker
^Thanks. I thought to myself not only does Yuzu look rested but younger. lol

deedee1

Record Breaker
^^ Hi, demarinis! :)

It's true. He has withdrawn due to a severe knee injury , as stated on his Twitter account.

Thanks for further info and so sorry about his injury. :no: Hope he gets first class medical treatments as needed, rests well and recover fully.

Am looking forward to first time seeing Elladj, Dice M, Joshua and Ross this season! What I love about this season is we can see 12 single skaters on the GP circuit again. Good luck to these boys! :yay:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Gosh... can't believe Hanyu is competing!

....But if he is!!! Hanyu to win, no question! If JSF cant' offer him the same Mao treatment skating at home, then someone deserve to be exiled to Russia and learn from the 'best'. :cool:

Really looking forward to his POTO! (uhm... never thought I'd be saying this a few weeks ago, but with the stench of last few GP winner's outings... I am literally dying for some decent skating from Hanyu. When I mean decent, I mean SPORT + Arrrrheart to triumph. Minimum falls. Quad for me should be just be another element to heighten the artistic impression of the program holistically, kind of like his R&J, version 1. Jeremy and Hanyu please save Men's figure skating!! Jeremy please do a decent FS!!!! One that make those lot at TSL to swallow their pride and grovel at your feet, and USFSA beg you to stay).

Will Veronov cause an upset with his typical Russian 'all about the quads baby' with random music fx in the background? May be, this is the COP gone wild season. But at least we get compensate with one more 'Rebel in black leather pants ripping another T-shirt off' on ice while looking hot ... so I won't complain too much.

begin

Medalist
This is offensive. You say as if Yuzuru wants to fall while in fact no one wants it ever, including himself. Falls go along with further injuries and people are worrying over his health. He has 5 injuries on his body. Medal or not we don't care. It's not worth if you have to use wheelchair afterwards.

Well of course he doesn't want to fall, that's not really the point. Thus far, the judges have made it very clear that falling won't harm Yuzuru's scores significantly and this gives him the freedom to commit to his big elements. OTOH many other skaters worry about their PCs and reputation when they fall, so they're more likely to second guess themselves. I don't know about karne's intentions, but the fact remains that this way of scoring has a profound effect on how the skaters compete.

Last edited:

jace93

On the Ice
Well of course he doesn't want to fall, that's not really the point. Thus far, the judges have made it very clear that falling won't harm Yuzuru's scores significantly and this gives him the freedom to commit to his big elements. OTOH many other skaters worry about their PCs and reputation when they fall, so they're more likely to second guess themselves. I don't know about karne's intentions, but the fact remains that this way of scoring has a profound effect on how the skaters compete.

Let's be honest there, in China the judges were quite generous on the pcs because of watch happened... Han Yan got 79 points for his components and that's just 2 points lower that his PB instead of more then 9 like Yuzuru, but in France he was punished when he underperformed and I'm ready to bet that if Hanyu was to skate again as poorly as in his coc fs (or 2012 skate America or 2013 skate Canada fwiw) his pcs would plummet down, even in Japan.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Let's be honest there the judges were quite generous on the pc's because of watch happened... Han Yan got 79 points for his components and that's just 2 points lower that his on instead of more then 9 like Yuzuru, but in France he was punished when he underperformed and I'm ready to bet that if Hanyu was to skate again as poorly as in his coc fs (or 2012 skate America or 2013 skate Canada fwiw) his pc's would plummet down, even in Japan.

I agree. CoC was clearly an anomaly, so I don't know why people keep harping on it as if it was a normal competition. Reputation does play into scoring as well as what the judges observed in practice. The kid was visibly injured, everyone was in shock, so surely the judges were as well. Now, if a pattern develops with him being gifted undeserved scores for more sloppy skates, then that would be worth talking about. But can we wait to see what he does here first?

begin

Medalist
^I'm basing this observation off of the PCs he's received since attempting his 4S too. Yes, it's only the beginning of a new quad/era so the judging will be messy and yea, Yuzu's still got a lot of time left in the sport. There's still no reason to take issue with an age-old problem being called out 'early'.