2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Short Program 11/28

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Hanyu won bronze in World 2012 with sprained ankle. He used to skate with injuries :hopelessness:

All the best to all the skaters

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If he is not truly healthy, then he is a total idiot, and so is his coach.

Even though this year is vital for Joshua to break through and make a name for himself before Max and Jason get too far ahead of him, he still sat out of CoC because his ankle wasn't fully right.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
"The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them." - Think Different Fly Yuzu :cheer:

Last edited:

Wo|flax

Final Flight
I dont want hanyu in gpf but rather voronov

luckily they can both go! there are no losers except some of Nam, Jason, Ten or Mura. Abbott still has a chance too.
but I really want Mura at GPF too though Gooo Mura :cheer: please don't bomb because you skated lights out last time:slink:

lots of skaters have some kind of long term injury going on; and it's not uncommon to skate while slightly injured; it's unfortunate, but not exclusive. We have no idea of the extent/severity of anyone's injuries, just where they are. Useless to armchair diagnose, they are professionals... maybe it's niave to think they're not actually stupid...

firal

Record Breaker
Good luck to all the men!

I'm happy to see Elladji Balde got another chance to skate since he missed Skate Canada due to concussion;hopefully the crowd would respond well to his performance. I can't wait to see Abbott's short again!

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ummmm...? He's going out there with a sprained ankle (which seems to be a chronic thing for him anyways) and a badly bruised thigh. It might affect his performance, but it's hardly a career ending injury :eek:hwell: It's been confirmed that he did not have a concussion. If he wants to compete and the doctors told him it's okay, why not go for it?

Yes, exactly. The doctors would not have given an ok to the Olympic champion if they thought there was any risk in further injury that might jepordize his career now or in the future. He's not "crazy" he's an elite athlete. Go and get it done Yuzu! :dance:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My time conversions say there's still an hour - did I get it wrong?

I will be following the live scores and the commentary on GS - I ran out of internet bandwidth this month. :mad:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
now we are heading in to mens event that will be amazing :hopelessness:

50+ minutes away. I just hope everyone skates well. I don't want to see any disappointed faces in the K&C :cry:

My time conversions say there's still an hour - did I get it wrong?

I will be following the live scores and the commentary on GS - I ran out of internet bandwidth this month. :mad:

Yeah, according to the OP it is an hour away... plus, my stream isn't going to the Men's event yet. Dunno why it's an hour after the Ladies' event was supposed to end...

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh phew. I'll go back to my vacuuming then. :cheer:

auser

Record Breaker
What to do for 50 minutes? Oh, read incisive and interesting comments from other GSers:)

elee63

Final Flight
Yes, exactly. The doctors would not have given an ok to the Olympic champion if they thought there was any risk in further injury that might jepordize his career now or in the future. He's not "crazy" he's an elite athlete. Go and get it done Yuzu! :dance:

You'd be surprised. All elite athletes are a bit coocoo. It's hard not to be, and sometimes it's what puts you at the top of the heap

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jeremy I'm inclined to say. But Ross has looked greater early in the season, so he might surprise. Or who knows...Joshua might surprise us big time!

thoakun

Final Flight
It's the first time I've seen the opening ceremony and I'm hapy with the planning and organizing abilities of Japanese organizers.