Entries at 2015 US Figure Skating Championships Now Known | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries at 2015 US Figure Skating Championships Now Known

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thanks CLfan and Golden!

So, if you can't do the (more difficult?) novice test you can stay as intermediate until you are 18?

I wondered because the Swedish twins John and Greta Crafoord compete as intermediates in pairs. I think they are 14 years old. And I now see... they are in second place after short :clap:

Funnily enough, they were one of the entries I looked up (mainly because they were leading at the time!) And it was after seeing a link to a video of them from 2013 that I realised that Intermediate was quite early in the pecking order! (In other words, boys but they looked young!)

Ah, I didn't realise that they were twins. Or that they were Swedish.

Just wondering - how did they end up competing in American Nationals? Were they born over that side of the Atlantic to a Swedish family? Or has their family emigrated to America, perhaps to get the twins better coaching opportunities?

But, thinking about their situation has started me wondering. What are the requirements to enter the American Championships? Do you (or one half of a couple, as the case may be) have to have American citizenship? Or is it just enough to be a resident? Or, can you enter just by training in America?

I'm just thinking about the complex career path Vanessa James has had. Before her French citizenship came through in time for Vancouver, of all the countries she has competed in, I think Britain was the only one where she had citizenship (due to her family being from Bermuda, a British colony).

I think the entries/results has been posted in many threads already. It's just confusing to find the information you want among the 32 threads :laugh: By the way here is the official web site.

I know the feeling. There are rather a lot of threads for the American Nationals, aren't there! ;) Until the Senior competitions start, I'm restricting myself to just this thread and the Predictions game thread.

To do or not to do the Prediction Game... It's so exhausting :biggrin:

DO IT!!!!!!! It may be exhausting, but it's FUN!!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks very much for the official scoop per USFS, Chris. :bow:

Intriguing that Olympic results are not mentioned as part of the 2015 selection procedure. :think:

If I'm not mistaken, all the olympic medalist have a bye for the next four years at nationals. Hence Hughes 2003, Cohen 2010 and Lysacek's hopes. Don't know if the rule still exist though.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I found this entries/results page. Quick question: What does intermediate stand for?

The levels at Nationals are Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior and Senior.

Or, you could look at it in the order in which Josh won everything: Juvenile National Champion, Intermediate National Champion (first 1-2 with Jason!), Novice National Champion, Junior silver medallist, Senior pewter medallist. :p

ice coverage

Record Breaker
If I'm not mistaken, all the olympic medalist have a bye for the next four years at nationals. Hence Hughes 2003, Cohen 2010 and Lysacek's hopes. Don't know if the rule still exist though.

I think you misunderstood my post.
I was noting that Olympic results are not among the USFS criteria for selection to the World team.

In other words, the post from me that you quoted was not about eligibility for Nationals. (As an aside, your rule re Nationals is still in effect, according to the USFS website -- which I cited in a different post, #31, above.)

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Thanks to Sylvia and Doris for the info on entrants. Excuse me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does anyone know if Wlm Brewster of DSC is competing more? It really stood out to me at the DSC exhibition last week how the club isn't as big with mid- and top-level singles anymore. (Just good ol Cdn. Eladje was there.)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm not positive about William Brewster, but his last competition was 2013 Nationals where he came in 20th. Since he will be 25 years old in March, I'm guessing he has moved on with life. I really enjoyed his programs and wish him well.

Patrick Chan was training at DSC before the Olympics but I don't know what his plans are for next season. Jeremy is still training at DSC, but he probably was in Colorado at the time of the club exhibition. I know Alissa Czisny still trains there, although she is finished competing.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Senior Men
Pacific Coast
Sean Rabbitt (Glacier Falls FSC)

Senior Pairs
Eastern
Marissa Castelli (SC of Boston)/Mervin Tran (SC of Boston)

:rock::rock: Good luck to Sean and Marissa/Mervin! :cheer:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
The levels at Nationals are Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, Junior and Senior.

Or, you could look at it in the order in which Josh won everything: Juvenile National Champion, Intermediate National Champion (first 1-2 with Jason!), Novice National Champion, Junior silver medallist, Senior pewter medallist. :p

LOL I'm sure he will be the Senior Champion as well one day :clap:

Funnily enough, they were one of the entries I looked up (mainly because they were leading at the time!) And it was after seeing a link to a video of them from 2013 that I realised that Intermediate was quite early in the pecking order! (In other words, boys but they looked young!)

Ah, I didn't realise that they were twins. Or that they were Swedish.

Just wondering - how did they end up competing in American Nationals? Were they born over that side of the Atlantic to a Swedish family? Or has their family emigrated to America, perhaps to get the twins better coaching opportunities?

But, thinking about their situation has started me wondering. What are the requirements to enter the American Championships? Do you (or one half of a couple, as the case may be) have to have American citizenship? Or is it just enough to be a resident? Or, can you enter just by training in America?

I'm just thinking about the complex career path Vanessa James has had. Before her French citizenship came through in time for Vancouver, of all the countries she has competed in, I think Britain was the only one where she had citizenship (due to her family being from Bermuda, a British colony).

CaroLiza_fan

Suppose at least to medal at nationals both have to have US citizenships. Maybe residents can compete. Greta and John moved to USA five years ago. The won silver at juveniles last year. 4th place at intermediates this year :clap:

I speculate they have dual citizenships and that they moved to USA beacause of parent(s) job careers. They are of course promising and Sweden would soon love to have them in their national team. But maybe they want to compete for US or a lot of unpredictable things can happen as time goes by :) Anyway, good luck to them!