2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I took precautionary measures and put a splash of Baileys in my morning coffee (or maybe some coffee got into my Baileys, I don't remember exactly)
Now, where's my valium? :shocked:

:rofl: I went overboard on the liquor last night & am sticking to coffee this time around ;)

10 minutes to go! :dance:

Wo|flax

Final Flight
I strongly recommend using the commentary-free ISU stream, but most people will need to use Hola Unblocker & change your country to Brazil. There's no way I could listen to Joanne's prattle, especially today when I'm already on edge.

I usually watch B.ESP but I totally jumped ship to the ISU yesterday about 50s into the competition; I just couldn't take it; Why can't Chris and Simon do everything;

ISU stream also has the bonus of being better quality; I find it terribly difficult to navigate that frigging site though; luckily someone gave a direct link last night

Since we're annoucing teams: Team Everybody! it's actually a collection of skaters I like; Murakami is a new addition, Miner I don't really care about, but I can care for one night!:cheer:

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
To get into GPF these skaters need as the total result at least:

Mura 5. place
Hanyu 4. place
Voronov 4. place
Abbott 1. place

Last edited:

smakaka

Spectator
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster... Didn't get to watch the SPs from yesterday... Hopefully today we'll get as many clean skates as possible! Go Yuzu!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm on team Pumpkin Bar. (No really, my mother-in-law made these delicious bars).

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster... Didn't get to watch the SPs from yesterday... Hopefully today we'll get as many clean skates as possible! Go Yuzu!

Welcome to Golden Skate, smakaka! Post often and post long.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good luck to all the skaters and of course good luck to all of their fans here. I'm going to sleep because I need to be at the rink in just about 4 hous. :bang:

Enjoy:)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker

Welcome :) Feel free to jump in anytime

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Team Everyone Skates So Well That The GS Forum Users Talk About It For Seasons To Come ;)

(unrealistic but :cool:)

skateyamada

On the Ice
Did anyone who watched Ladies Free earlier keep getting mismatched sound and visual from the webstreams of Eurosports? I got so frustrated with it. Hope the stream this time won't be like that.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Did anyone who watched Ladies Free earlier keep getting mismatched sound and visual from the webstreams of Eurosports? I got so frustrated with it. Hope the stream this time won't be like that.

This has been a problem for ESP streams the ENTIRE GP unfortunately. My advice is to either use Hola with the ISU stream OR keep a doc file of all ESP streams users link to; some will mess up randomly during a competition, some will be off one day yet work the next. It's frustrating to find a good one, but usually you can :thumbsup:

eta: Also don't be afraid to ask for a stream! Users are always very helpful.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Joshua Farris is just an exquisite skater. Just watching him in warm-up takes my breath away. Wow. So sad about his mishaps yesterday. The new short is gorgeous.