2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Free Dance 11/29

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Oh my, Emi almost slipped on her last bow!

But they're really happy. I love it, they actually have a lot of energy. Their technical content could be better though, and their twizzles need work, but there's potential!

slider11

Medalist
Yikes! That performance by Emi and Marien is the best argument to NOT have lyrics! Something about a riot in the cell block and then a twist melody!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
This japanese team is interesting, I like them.

I agree. They just have this infectious joy out there that compels me to like them. They seem genuinely happy just to be out there performing which is nice.

lmarie086

Medalist
Not a whole lot of choreo or interpretation IMO, but this first team definitely seemed into the performance. I liked them, they have good potential. A team to watch for?

lmarie086

Medalist
Since when are the Reeds with Marina Zoueva?

I did like that, very lighthearted. It's surprising that they've never really moved up in the ranks internationally, given the years they've competed as seniors.

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Very nice, Cathy and Chris Reed! Really like that LP! Very smooth and melodic. Would love to see them in the high 80s!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
The lifts looked really shaky from Chris. His knee sometimes looked like it was going to give out, it was kind of worrying.

I spied D/W's split lift and 'The Swan Princess,' though :think:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marina is really thrifty, what with all that recycling of lifts she did for the Reeds...

I've always liked the Reeds and think they deserve better.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Reed/Reed go 83.88 for a 130.88 total, going into 1st.
They had a -1 deduction for an extended lift.

Now for Zhiganshina/Gazsi with one of my favorite FDs of the season :)

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
The lift positions that Z/G use are really interesting! I never know what the expect with them, that's for sure. The ending pose was cool, they've improved a lot since SC. Twizzles still need some work though. And the skate snow sniff... Well, they're definitely one of a kind :cheer2: