2014-15 French Natl 18-21 Dec 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-15 French Natl 18-21 Dec 2014

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, the standard has definitely improved with the 2nd group. The first two out have both pushed Ventard down.

But Laurine LECAVELIER has just come out, and taken the competition to a whole other level. Her score hasn't come up yet, but I know it is going to be massive compared to everybody that was out before her.

EDIT: Laurine got 99.25 in the FS, and has 148.something overall. Overall, she is 13 points ahead of Pauline Wanner, who is currently 2nd.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I agree with you about the Music, nice costumes too!. I am not familiar with the majority of the Ladies in this first group here, unfortunately
a lot of falls. Second group should be better.

Same here. From the first group, I only knew Ventard. In fact, there are only 3 in the whole competition that I do know - Meite, Lecaveille and Ventard!

But, I don't watch Junior competitions, which is where I suspect you normally find most of the skaters in this competition!

Ooh! They put on the wrong music for Mae-Berenice. Just as well, as we were still looking at a blue screen! :laugh:

Ach! She fell by the boards not long into the routine.

But, despite that, it should still easily be good enough to win.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Not Mae's best skate. She struggled with her jumps.

Well, she won all segments, and beat Lecavelier by 15 points overall, so no need to worry too much.

I'm away back to Budapest now for the Four Nationals Ladies SP.

EDIT: Yay! Just in time for Elizaveta UKOLOVA.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well, she won all segments, and beat Lecavelier by 15 points overall, so no need to worry too much.

Back to Budapest now for the Four Nationals Ladies SP. Just in time for Elizaveta UKOLOVA.

CaroLiza_fan

Yes she did and a big Congrats to her! I really like Mae and I would love for her to medal at Europeans, but
she will have to bring her A+ game to contend for that podium.

Any idea when the Men skate?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes she did and a big Congrats to her! I really like Mae and I would love for her to medal at Europeans, but
she will have to bring her A+ game to contend for that podium.

Any idea when the Men skate?

I'm back! Talk about perfect timing! I saw Ukolova and Brezinova, and they have now gone to a re-surfacing. And while they are re-surfacing, the Pairs FS is on here!

Here is the French Schedule

The Men's SP is supposed to start at the top of the hour (16:00 CET / 15:00 GMT). But the Pairs are starting later than the planned 15:15 CET, so there will probably be a knock-on affect.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OH NO!!!! Popova's fallen and hurt herself!!! :eek:

Novoselov has gone to the judges to get it stopped.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Phew! Just saw the 2 of them skate past the camera.

They are going back into position to continue where they left off.

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Thank you! I hope she is alright.

WOW Vanessa and Morgan were fabulous! That last Lift, my goodness!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank you! I hope she is alright.

WOW Vanessa and Morgan were fabulous! That last Lift, my goodness!

From the way Daria was doubled over, I was worried. But, since she carried, she must have just winded herself temporarily.

Finished off the Ladies SP in Hungary, and so missed the first 2 guys here.

By the sounds of things, "the gymnast" (to quote WoChair) is skating to one of my favourite pieces, "O Fortuna".

Just wouldn't mind actually seeing him skate... :mad:

This is getting ridiculous. Is this the first time the French Federation has done livestreaming? Because, they are making a right hash of it!

Very amateurish.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Yeah the streaming is not very good and camera work and audio is terrible. At least the screen is not freezing.

I don't know what is going on now with the stream, showing a slew of commercials..... and no skating!

OK they are back for now. Don't know how long I can take this.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't know what is going on now with the stream, showing a slew of commercials..... and no skating!

OK they are back for now. Don't know how long I can take this.

The commercials are nothing too big to worry about - they just tend to show adverts for the sponsors during the warm-ups. I was actually surprised when they showed the Pairs warm-up earlier.

I'm not interested in Synchro or Speed Skating, so I'll try to stick it out here to the end of the Men's SP, and then head back to Budapest for the Senior Short Dance.

It has really surprised me that it's actually been working out quite well today going back and forth between the 2 Championships.

Can't see the same tactic working well tomorrow when Italy comes into the equation...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Romain skated before Tesson. Tesson score 49.05. What was up with Tesson's costume. Bare arms and cuffs?

Simon Hucquax score 62.12 into 3rd. He was good.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ok, I was multitasking so I missed Romain. Tesson's program & costume make me very uncomfortable...lol

Not the best I've seen from Chafik...:eek:hwell:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm glad that I could make it not to miss Chafik's performance today. But who is the guy named Romain?
He is surprisingly currently No. 1 which surpasses Chafik's score. I've never heard of his name until today.