2014-2015 Senior GPF Videos and Results and Discussion | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Senior GPF Videos and Results and Discussion

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I suppose I don't need to do this now that Mao88 is colour-coding the videos (great idea!) But, I'll do it anyway, for those that want easy access to the starting orders without going to the individual competition threads.

Like the NHK, this is not a terribly complicated post this time around. On Friday, a combination of being on different channels and earlier programmes over-running meant that British Eurosport missed the first 2 entries in the Short Dance, whereas Eurosport International only missed the first.

Unfortunately, this coupled with the fact they were only showing highlights on Saturday, meant that we did not get to see EITHER of the routines from Illinykh / Zhiganshin (Oops – I very nearly wrote Katsalapov there!)

That said, I was impressed that Eurosport did not go overboard with cutting routines on Saturday. In total, we only lost 5 routines across 3 segments (Pairs, Ladies and Dance). That is a lot less than the EIGHT ROUTINES they cut from the Men’s FS alone at the Trophée Éric Bompard!

In fact, come to think of it, if you include the routine(s) that were lost when they arrived late to the Short Dance (1 for International, 2 for British) on Friday, it still doesn’t reach the number that were cut from the Men’s FS in France.

One thing that really annoyed me, though, is the way that every Gala this season, Eurosport have cut out the local guest performers. I was really looking forward to seeing how Javi Raya was skating this season. And it is always great to see Sara and Adria in action.

One of main things I love about the Galas is that they a chance to see the up and coming talent. Like, taking the NHK as an example, the Galas there were where I first saw Rika Hongo, Sokoto Miyahara, Riona Kato, Shoma Uno, Sota Yamamoto, Ryuji Hino.

But now Eurosport have started denying us this insight into the future.

Thanks a lot! :sarcasm:

CaroLiza_fan

Pairs Short

Ladies Short

Short Dance

Shown On EurosportNot On Eurosport
2 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER, CAN *1 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN, RUS
3 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI, USA
4 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, FRA
5 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE, CAN
6 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES, USA

*Shown on Eurosport 2 International but NOT shown on British Eurosport 2

Men’s Short

Pairs Free

2 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG, CHN1 Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV, RUS
4 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN, CHN3 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN, CHN
5 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV, RUS
6 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD, CAN

Ladies Free

1 Ashley WAGNER, USA2 Rika HONGO, JPN
3 Anna POGORILAYA, RUS
4 Elena RADIONOVA, RUS
5 Julia LIPNITSKAIA, RUS
6 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA, RUS

Free Dance

2 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, FRA1 Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN, RUS
4 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI, USA3 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER, CAN
5 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES, USA
6 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE, CAN

Men’s Free

Gala Exhibition

3 OPENING (Presentation of Skaters)1 ISU Fanfare
5 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON, FRA2 Welcome and Opening Remarks
6 Julia LIPNITSKAIA, RUS4 Aleix GABARA, ESP
7 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI, USA14 Javier RAYA, ESP
8 Maxim KOVTUN, RUS15 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ, ESP
9 Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU, CAN
10 Elena RADIONOVA, RUS
11 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV
12 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN, CHN
13 Javier FERNANDEZ, ESP
16 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, RUS
17 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG, CHN
18 Sergei VORONOV, RUS
19 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES, USA
20 Ashley WAGNER, USA
21 Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV, RUS
22 Shoma UNO, JPN
23 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE, CAN
24 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA, RUS
25 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD, CAN
26 Yuzuru HANYU, JPN
27 FINALE

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
CBC broadcast of GPF Ice Dance / Ladies (Dec 21 broadcast) -- not geo-blocked in the U.S. :):

Meanwhile, many thanks to sabinfire for this thread with other CBC GPF videos:

Thanks for the shout-out, golden411. ;)

It is nice that they have made this readily available for everyone.

I went to the MSN video you provided and played with the quality setting, "HQ" and "HD"... the video still looks really blurry/grainy to me and nowhere near HD. Is my connection just really bad right now?

It's still okay quality though.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for the shout-out, golden411. ;)

It is nice that they have made this readily available for everyone.

I went to the MSN video you provided and played with the quality setting, "HQ" and "HD"... the video still looks really blurry/grainy to me and nowhere near HD. Is my connection just really bad right now?

It's still okay quality though.

Agree that the "HD" setting at the MSN link certainly does not provide HD-quality video. :eek:hwell:
The HQ setting also does not live up to a billing of high quality. :no:

Thank you for raising this red flag.
I unexpectedly stumbled on the MSN link when I wasn't even looking for vids, and just thought it was worth sharing.
Haven't tried poking around to see whether other CBC GP videos are available on the site. Even if they are, I wonder whether the quality issue will remain. :confused2:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Okay, it's not just me then. It's disappointing, even the lowest quality setting on my DM site looks like MSN's version of HD. (Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, I'm just a quality snob and like to see HD video, especially if it's marked as an option.)

Thanks for sharing the link. I am sure there are folks out there who don't have access to my DM videos, or may not know about them, or just prefer to use an official source like MSN. And who knows, maybe my videos will disappear tomorrow? :unsure:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
That's really an amazing find, golden411. Now you've got me poking around now to see what else they might have, although I suspect it is unlikely to find HD quality video.

The oddest part is how MSN categorized this under the "NHL" section. :laugh: Even the url itself is pointing there.