2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I can't wait to see what changes, if any, Anna & Luca have made to their routines! And how Riazanova looks skating as an Italian.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can't wait to see what changes, if any, Anna & Luca have made to their routines! And how Riazanova looks skating as an Italian.

That's what I'm most looking forward to. But first, time to see has Roberta Rodegheiro stepped up to her new role as favourite for the Ladies title.

(My stream is buffering like mad, so I'm behind. I'm going to restart the computer during the resurfacing, in the hope that it will help)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful, Roberta. Simply beautiful.

Rodegheiro has definitely upped her game now that Caro, Vale and Francesca are out of the picture. That is the best I have ever seen her skate.

Well done.

(Just as well my stream decided to wait until she was finished to die completely! Re-start coming NOW).

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WOW!!!! We have ourselves a competition on here!

Roberta Rodegheiro isn't the only one that has stepped up to the mantle. Micol Cristini has too!!!

After the disaster she had at last year's Nationals, I thought Micol was past her best. But she has definitely proved me wrong.

Earlier on in the season, we were mourning the death of Italian Ladies Figure Skating. Well, we might actually be seeing the beginning of another golder age!

OK, so Roberta and Micol may not yet be at the level of Carolina and Valentina, but I can see them pushing each other on to the next level.

Micol has gone into 2nd, but is only 2 points behind Roberta.

Oh, hurry up and get to the Free Skate!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hang on. The wee girl that was skating when I was singing the praises of Roberta and Micol has just taken the lead!!! :eek:

Gaida Russo was skating to opera, and I hate opera, so I wasn't paying much attention to her.

That'll teach me!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Don't worry, there's been no more surprises. Gaida still leads from Roberta and Micol.

That said, I was VERY impressed with Sara Falotico. We may not have heard tell of her for the best part of a decade, and she may be the "wrong" side of 30 now. But she can still do it on the ice. She has slotted into 6th place, but is only 10 points behind the leader!

Just wondering if the Men's SP is going to throw up any surprises when it starts in a few minutes time.

Based on last year, you would expect Ivan Bariev to walk it. But, as we have just seen, some youngster we don't know might creep up and surprise us!

Or maybe the oldest guy in the field, Dario Betti, might spring a surprise.

That said, Dario may be the oldest in the field, but it is only by THREE DAYS!!! :laugh:

Hurry up and give us a picture!

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I couldn't figure out the schedule...did I miss almost all of the men? Just saw about 30 seconds of Matteo Rizzo.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I couldn't figure out the schedule...did I miss almost all of the men? Just saw about 30 seconds of Matteo Rizzo.

I'm afraid so. But, at least you saw Ivan in full.

I'll be honest, I'm surprised you found the schedule confusing, because Italy has the simplest to read schedule of all the Nationals this weekend.

Or, was it the dreaded time conversions? After the Men finished, I was thinking "Ah, good. Just in time to watch the Free Dance from France" But, I had forgotten the time difference - the FD was over!

Well, we have a resurfacing now, and action doesn't get underway again for half-an-hour (the on screen graphic said 16:49 CET). So, I'll go and see what's going on in France or Hungary.

EDIT: Just went through the streams - everywhere is resurfacing!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh, I never found that schedule in English. I was looking at a PDF in Italian...which was not easy for me to understand at all! Well, thank you for providing this one...better late than never!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, I never found that schedule in English. I was looking at a PDF in Italian...which was not easy for me to understand at all! Well, thank you for providing this one...better late than never!

Well, that explains everything, then! :laugh: I would be struggling too if I was reading one in Italian!

I had posted the link to that one earlier in the thread, but unfortunately it wasn't posted to the original post.

In fact, with the French Championship, I was getting mixed up with Dance and Ladies on the first day.

Hang on - the stream has just come back and the lovely Miss Marchei just skated past the camera.

Looks like the Pairs warm-up is on NOW!!!

Yep, we're starting. That graphic must have been wrong (or else I mis-read it...)

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Just looked at the schedule and realised what happened - they were advertising the Short Dance, which is due to start at 16:49 CET, rather than the thing that was on next! :rolleye:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. The young couple that were on first were actually quite good.

della Monica and Guarise were good, but Nicole had a fall early on. They'll still lead, but it won't help the score.

Just saw a close up of Valentina's skates. The lower part is absolutely covered in bling!!!

COME ON VALE!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

That was FAR, FAR, FAR better than their SP at the Warsaw Cup.

Back then, it was a mess. Valentina really did look like the Singles skater having her first go at Pairs. She was NEVER in time with Ondrej.

Today, she looked like a proper Pairs skater! :biggrin:

I'm going to put my neck on the line. I fancy this to take the lead.

CaroLiza_fan

sarama

Medalist
Vale and Ondrej where pretty good! I am starting to think they knew what they were doing when they teamed up... but why Malagueña, why???:bang:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
:cheer: THEY DID TAKE THE LEAD!!!! :cheer:

It may only be by just over a point, but it is still the lead!!! :agree:

:cheer: WELL DONE VALE!!!! :cheer: (and Ondrej)

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Dance has started.

The two couples we are most intrigued by are going either side of the Group 2 warm-up. Capellini / Lanotte go at no. 3, while Riazanova / Vaturi go at no. 4.

Guignard / Fabri just kicked things off, and showed that they are DEFINITELY on form.

Apart from those I have already mentioned, the other couple who should be fighting for the podium positions, Bernardi / Giacomelli, go last.

I can tell you something, they didn't waste any time getting the scores out! Charlene and Marco weren't even off the ice when it was announced! :eek:

They lead with 66.95

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The Sforza's were pretty good. You wouldn't think Leo Luca was a recent convert from Pairs! He and his sister looked like they had been doing it for years!

They slot into 2nd, 14 points behind.

Anna and Luca up next. They are very smartly dressed!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We've just seen the winners. And if they don't win, whoever does is going to be World Champion!

THEY WERE SENSATIONAL!!!

We may have had our doubts as to whether it was a wise move to go back to the drawing board, but it DEFINITELY was.

This score is going to be unbelievable!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
76.55!!!

They've bettered their ISU Personal Best (69.88) by over 6 points! :eek:

Incidentally, their previous Nationals PB was 74.25.

Enough said! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sarama

Medalist
I'll never understand why Komatsubara/Fabbri compete for Italy and not Japan:think:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
As for Riazanova, I think it's safe to say she's settled in no bother.

For such a new couple, they were great! OK, so they are not up with the established top Italian couples yet. But, there is a LOT of promise here.

But this is a couple that, over the next few years, are going to grow to become a regular feature on the international circuit.

Boys, but Simone has landed on his feet getting a partner as good as her!

Oh, how I wish sky_fly20 was still here. Just so that we could shoot down their "Ekaterina's too tall" argument!!!

CaroLiza_fan