2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'll never understand why Komatsubara/Fabbri compete for Italy and not Japan:think:

Because it is far too hard for foreigners to get Japanese citizenship. Hence why Takahashi / Tran were forced to split up.

CaroLiza_fan

sarama

Medalist
Because it is far too hard for foreigners to get Japanese citizenship. Hence why Takahashi / Tran were forced to split up.

CaroLiza_fan

Definitely a reason...still I doubt they are ever going to make it to the Olympics, and competing for Japan, at least they would get a spot at NHK. Anyway, I'm sure they know what's best for them better than I do!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wow great score for my favorites, Anna and Luca. I had to go out and missed them, darn. I thought I would be back in time
to see them but traffic was terrible. I hope there is a video up soon.

Thrilled that Valentina and Ondrej are doing so well!

Thanks for the info CaroLiza!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Name Nation TSS = TES + PCS + SS TR PE CC IT Deduction -StN.

1 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA 76.55 38.35 38.20 9.31 9.38 9.63 9.81 9.63 0.00 #3
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rEdUJ6qFIws

2 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI ITA 66.95 33.85 33.10 8.19 8.06 8.38 8.38 8.38 0.00 #1

3 Misato KOMATSUBARA / Andrea FABBRI ITA 59.75 32.15 27.60 6.81 6.63 6.94 7.19 6.94 0.00 #5
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yJCmI_i50oI

4 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Simone VATURI ITA 53.40 27.30 26.10 6.56 6.44 6.44 6.81 6.38 0.00 #4
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_SxEU6Nhs

5 Sofia Lucrezia SFORZA / Leo Luca SFORZA
ITA 52.60 26.05 26.55 6.50 6.50 6.81 6.94 6.44 0.00 #2
6 Federica BERNARDI / Saverio GIACOMELLI
ITA 52.15 24.95 27.20 6.56 6.69 6.63 7.25 6.88 0.00 #7
7 Victoria MANNI / Benjamin NAGGIAR
ITA 34.25 17.85 18.40 4.63 4.44 4.50 5.06 4.38 2.00 #6

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yipes! The Ladies FS starts in 45 minutes! :eek:

I'd better go and get my breakfast!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ladies FS just finished.

Podium positions stayed the same as they were after the SP, with Russo winning from Rodegheiro and Cristini.

But, there were 2 major surprises. Firstly, the margin if victory. Gaida Russo won by TWENTY-ONE points. Yes, you read that right. She did a demolition job on the rest of the field in the FS, winning it by EIGHTEEN points!

Secondly, Sara Castello, who had been down in 9th after the SP, was SECOND in the FS. This raised her up to 4th overall.

I'm sure Rodegheiro and Cristini are thinking to themselves "What have we done to deserve this? Just when we think we have a chance now that Kostner and Marchei are out of the way, this younger one comes along!"

(I should add - I know that Cristini is younger than Russo. But Cristini has been on my radar for longer than Russo).

Rodegheiro was actually 4th in the FS. And part of the problem for me with her routine was actually down to the music.

Roberta was using a really iconic song, with the lyrics, for part of her medley. HOWEVER, there was a really bad edit from chorus to the verse. And because the lyrics were there, it really showed it up.

So, we have now seen another of the drawbacks of using music with lyrics.

Men's warm-up just finishing.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Has anybody else's stream cut out for long periods a few times during SETTEMBRINI's FS?

All I am seeing is a loading circle, with the default "Ideal Web TV" background behind it.

Hang on, it's finally come back - after Giorgio is finished!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Let's just say that it is a good job Ivan had a massive lead after the SP. Because that was not a great start to FS.

2 falls in the first minute should say just about everything.

But, after that, he definitely redeemed himelf as the showman came out in force. And, even with the falls, he still managed to win the FS, but only by 4 points.

Ivan was actually the only person who finished the competition in the same position that they had finished the SP. Rizzo overtook Palermo for second overall, and it was well deserved - I loved Rizzo's FS.

Although I didn't get to see much of his FS due to picture break-up, Settembrini must have had a good FS, as he jumpred up from 6th to 4th. The two guys he leap-frogged stayed in the same order, though. Which meant that the two oldest guys in the field topped and tailed the results.

According to the schedule, the pairs doesn't start until 10 past the hour. So, time for a bit of a break from skating.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just as well that I didn't go too far - the Pairs Warm-up is on NOW

The lovely Miss Marchei just skated past the camera! :love:

:cheer: ALL THE BEST VALE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just realised what's going on. With the Men and Pairs having a small entry, the organisers are trying to get the Pairs out of the way early so that they can get a dinner break before the Free Dance!!! :laugh:

Valentina and Ondrej are coming on now, followed by Nicole and Matteo.

This should be a good battle! :popcorn:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If I didn't dislike Ondrej before for the way he ditched Stefania, I dislike him even more now.

He just got to give the lovely Miss Marchei a MASSIVE hug!!!

I'm so jealous!!! :cry:

Seriously, though, that was an absolutely beautiful skate. It was so emotional.

This is a partnership that are going places!

Nicole and Matteo had better be on their game if they want to win.

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: MY GOODNESS!!! :shocked: They are a full FIFTY points ahead of Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSIN!!! :eek:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Vale / Ondrej are going to win!!!! :shocked:

Nicole /Matteo also had a beautiful routine, but there were a couple of major mistakes early on.

Nicole had a fall, and then Matteo couldn't get her lifted up a few moves later.

It may be in a different category, but Valentina is going to retain the title of Italian Champion.

I would never have dreamt that this would happen, but I am absolutely delighted for her.

:cheer: WELL DONE VALE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Just confirming that they did win. By FIFTEEN points.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just realised what's going on. With the Men and Pairs having a small entry, the organisers are trying to get the Pairs out of the way early so that they can get a dinner break before the Free Dance!!! :laugh:

Correction. They are trying to get EVERYTHING over before their dinner. The Free Dance is now starting in TEN MINUTES time!!!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unforunately, my dinner is now ready. So, rather than miss the first group and see the climax of the competition, I'm going to have to leave the Free Dance after only the first routine, and miss the rest.

Pesky Italians wanting to get to their own dinner sooner!

All the best to everybody that's still to come.

Hopefully the videos will appear somewhere at a later stage...

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Oh, Zoueva :drama: This FD just doesn't work for me, it feels... lifeless :no:

Florencito

Medalist
Italy is re-writing the history of National overscoring :drama:

Hate this program, hate they have to skate it, but still can't wait for Europeans :popcorn:

carolruwer

Rinkside
I have to say the first time I saw Anna and Luca's fd at coc I hated it (even if I do like the music), it looked like a bad imitation of VM. But this time I liked it better, they looked more like themselves (I don't know if this makes sense), it's like they "unzuevaed" their program :laugh:
but yeah, overscored nonetheless..