2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Italian National Championships Dec 20-21

uhh

Medalist
Really what is the point of having Nationals if the placings are decided in advance & the scorings have no relation to what happened on the ice? Anna & Luca looked better than on the GP series but I don't think an international panel would let them break 100, let alone get 113.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I don't think an international panel would let them break 100, let alone get 113.

With their technique, I think they could break 100 and even do so quite easily, but obviously not 113 :p and perfect 10.00 for interpretation :think: I mean, I love them, they CAN interpret the music, but I suppose that perfect 10.00 is a little bit... too much :slink:

Last edited:

alithia

Final Flight
It doesn't look as much Zueva as it did in CoC which is good cause it suits them better, but... it's not a 113, and it's not even a 100, let's face it.I don't agree they can break 100 with this in its current state quite easily, unless they are judged by reputation.They look heavy, they are slower than the music, the choreography is just not working and it doesn't play to their strengths.It looks like somebody else's glove they try to fit.
And technically they look raw, better than CoC but still raw, I hope they have time to work on this until Euros, there is a full month

And it's not only C/L inflated marks, nobody paid attention to G/F marks? 102?:eek:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh, by the sounds of things, it looks like I missed some mega-drama!

:drama: :drama: :drama:

Now, be honest. Is this proper over-scoring, or just the "I wanted so-and-so to win and they didn't, so the others must have been over-scored" type of over-scoring?

Don't turn on me, I'm just curious to know because I wasn't able to watch.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
http://youtu.be/LOlBweMF3b0

Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
http://youtu.be/D2PxtAAYWOw

Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Simone VATURI
http://youtu.be/_9oPx8E1-6Y

The whole first day is available on-demand
http://www.idealweb.tv/20-21-dicemb...o-cat-senior-20-dicembre-2014-prima-giornata/

You are an absolute gem! Thank you!!! :clap: :bow:

Part 1: Opening Cermony
Part 2: Ladies Short - Group 1 (Bressanutti to Pizzelanti)
Part 3: Ladies Short - Group 2 (Casetti to Rodegheiro) *
Part 4: Ladies Short - Group 3 (Casella to Calderone)
Part 5: Men's Short
Part 6 :pairs Short
Part 7: Short Dance
Part 8: Synchro Short

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: * Aha! So everybody missed Naomi de SIMONE and Ilaria NOGARO. And to think I was blaming my computer for buffering, when the problem was at the rink end. I'm sorry, Mr Computer. :eek::

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
(Because I don't want to say just "I don't like" without explaining my thoughts), here are the weak points in Anna and Luca's FD for me:
-if compared to Chock/Bates or Weaver/Poje, it definitely lacks difficult transitions;
-it doesn't feel like the type of program that suits them at all, I actually received the impression that they were skating to something that they didn't really understand, just trying to interpret the choreography in a generic/passionate way without highlighting nuances or without telling a story...
(And it is a big C/L's fan saying these horrible things :hopelessness: )

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Their technique is generally out of this world - their edges, balance, lifts, timing. They have great speed and are sooo fluent. Not to mention the twizzles, which definitely deserve 3s. Besides, let's face the truth, ice dance is the most subjective discipline and they are the reigning world champions. Still, I think that their interpretation was better in China, and I agree with FSGMT on I actually received the impression that they were skating to something that they didn't really understand, just trying to interpret the choreography in a generic/passionate way without highlighting nuances or without telling a story. Her smile didn't work for me at all. I think thay really tried to show "danse macabre" in a romantic version - dance of Death and his Bride or something. But I suppose it's not utterly made yet, at least it seems so.

Florencito

Medalist
You know what, I got the weird impression the it was like one of those fanvideos in which they use a song and various excerpts from different performances. Not sure whether it was because of the lackluster choreography or just their interpretation.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I am disappointed for Riazanova that she didn't even make the podium. For an athlete who was representing Russia in the last Olympic cycle and with just been of the podium in Euros and top 10 in Worlds she has a bit of a journey back to international competition.

Before the season started I thought they would have been battling for second but after some of the marks G/F received I knew that was going to happen. I was hoping that they would pull back the deficit on 3rd place but it wasn't to be. Saying that I enjoyed the couple in 3rd places short dance. Do the Italians have 3 spots for Euros? And is the Japanese lady cleared to compete or is that necessary for Euros?

I enjoyed M/H in the Warsaw cup but if you factor in national inflation, I wonder how well their 115 would translate in International competition? With 3 strong Russian couples, S/M (if they clearance) and J/C, a Top 5 finish could be a challenge.

lmarie086

Medalist
I still think C/L's FD is missing something intrinsic. It's not fully capturing the music for me, and I put that on both the choreography and their expression. There are parts where I thought, "Aha! Now I see it," but there weren't many. Very, very generously marked. They still skate smaller than i would expect such a seasoned team to. But, still far and away the best of the field.

Guignard/Fabbri's scores were on part with what they got at Golden Spin. Much improved from what we saw on the GP, but if this is similar to their performances at Golden Spin, it's not worthy of 66+ in the SD and 100+ in the FD. That's outrageous. Low to low mid 90s at best, IMO.

Last edited:

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Oh, Zoueva :drama: This FD just doesn't work for me, it feels... lifeless :no:

You know if you have seen Papadakis/Cizeron skate their FD, everything else is less automatically ;-).... I am really sceptical if the Italians can beat the French or the British dance team with this FD.....:confused::scratch:
My gut feeling says, NO!
Euros will be very interesting indeed in ice dance!

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Campionati Italiani Assoluti 2015
Senior Pairs Result

1 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK 173.76 1 1
2 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE 158.14 2 2
3 Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI 127.86 3 3

:jaw::clap:

However, Nicole and Matteo must have been devastated by the results...I feel for them ;;;; I have watched them at Euros and Worlds on TV in the last couple of years and loved to see them grow as a pair team one step at a time, especially Matteo who once was a roller skater (right?) improves every season under Oleg Vasiliev. :yes:

Good luck to the two Italian teams at Euro and Worlds! :yay:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I know, I'm stupid, but who do you mean by S/M?

I meant Savchenko/Massot but I realise now they haven't got clearance to compete yet, so they won't be at Euro's in January. I like M/H but I don't seem them posting the big scores the Russians are capable of, unless of course the Russians make errors and maybe then they have a chance.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I meant Savchenko/Massot but I realise now they haven't got clearance to compete yet, so they won't be at Euro's in January. I like M/H but I don't seem them posting the big scores the Russians are capable of, unless of course the Russians make errors and maybe then they have a chance.

Thanks ;P Sorry, I don't catch all those abbreviations :eek:: And yes, Savchenko/Massot aren't allowed to perform at Euro's.
I agree that M/H probably don't have a chance to beat 3 Russian teams, whoever would it be. If they made mistakes - maybe, but M/H had to be absolutely clean, with the Russian making mistakes in both programs.

DiamondRain

Rinkside
So angry for Caro!! :/
But congratulations to my lovely couples Nicole & Matteo, Vale & Ondra, Alessandra & Filippo, Anna & Luca, Charlene & Marco, Katya & Simone! :*

Danja

Rinkside
:jaw::clap:

However, Nicole and Matteo must have been devastated by the results...I feel for them ;;;; I have watched them at Euros and Worlds on TV in the last couple of years and loved to see them grow as a pair team one step at a time, especially Matteo who once was a roller skater (right?) improves every season under Oleg Vasiliev. :yes:

Good luck to the two Italian teams at Euro and Worlds! :yay:

But haven`t Matteo and Nicole changed their coach, have they? :think: