2014-2015 JGPF Mens Free Skate 12/12 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 JGPF Mens Free Skate 12/12

skateyamada

On the Ice
Shoma was born at the end of 97 (exactly like Jin)... for a comparison he his from the same generation then Pitkeev, Nam, Julia and Anna (the 97-98 generation), but until last year jw he was nrver a contender even tough he always got some nice pcs...

Ah thanks for the information

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sota YAMAMOTO (JPN)

Music: Lorelei by Raul di Blasio

Black velvet suit, blue ruffles

1A
3Lz+3T
FSSp
3F+2T - e
FCCoSp3p
2A+1Lo+3S
3Lo
3Lz
3F - e
StSq
2A
CCoSp

Popped the 3A, otherwise solid. Probably silver?

FS: 70.48+66.50 = 136.98 (PB), 213.12 (PB), 2nd (out of 6)

Last edited:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
It looks(and I hope)that Sota will get bronze or silver, Petrov has medal, Shoma is definitely the winner :points:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I like Sota's lines and flexibility, but his in-air position on his jumps is a bit... suspect? He looks oddly loose. Maybe the technique works for him, but it gives off a slight whiff of sloppiness to me.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Sota has come so far since last season. Huge difference between his scores last year and now.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Did not expect Petrov to medal! So happy. And he's younger than both Jin and Uno. :yes:

Bufo viridis

Rinkside
Wait, why were they playing the "happy birthday" song? Someone there has a birthday? :biggrin:
Oh, and I'm so happy for Alexander :cheer:

whatif

Medalist
Thought Petrov was totally robbed of silver. His PCS magically dropped by 10 points in a matter of one month. I guess we should thank Inman and Co?

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I like Sota's lines and flexibility, but his in-air position on his jumps is a bit... suspect? He looks oddly loose. Maybe the technique works for him, but it gives off a slight whiff of sloppiness to me.

He does look wobbly and loose but he's only 14, so I'm pretty sure he's going to become much more put-together in the future. :)