Archived video of GPF segments is Again geoblocked on the ISU channel | Golden Skate

Archived video of GPF segments is Again geoblocked on the ISU channel

ice coverage

Record Breaker
eta, UPDATE :( as of Dec 19:

Geoblocking now IS in effect. Thx to ozmodiar (post #16) for flagging this unfortunate change.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good news:
Archived GPF video is not geoblocked on the ISU Skating Channel.
http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/index.html

Although the GPF livestream from the ISU had territorial restrictions, seems that the archived GPF video does not. (I am in the U.S., and am able to view the archived GPF video without Hola.)

A good alternative for those who wish to view an entire segment -- e.g., the Short Dance competition -- as if in real time, without knowing the scores and placements in advance.
Mods:
I purposely started a new thread for this reason -- b/c perhaps those who want to watch video without knowing the outcome are avoiding the "Videos and Results" thread, so they would not see my post if I put it there.
But if you think a new thread is unwarranted, pls move my post.​

The entire playlist of offerings for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2014:

• Opening Ceremony
  • Pairs - Short Program 1/2
  • Pairs - Short Program 2/2
  • Ladies - Short Program
  • Ice Dance - Short Dance 1/2
  • Ice Dance - Short Dance 2/2
  • Men - Short Program
  • Pairs - Free Skating
  • Ladies - Free Skating
  • Pairs - Free Skating V.Ceremony
  • Ladies - Free Skating V.Ceremony
  • Ice Dance - Free Dance 1/2
  • Ice Dance - Free Dance 2/2
  • Men - Free Skating
  • Men - Free Skating V.Ceremony
  • Ice Dance - Free Dance V.Ceremony
ETA:

~ The Gala Exhibition has been added to the GPF playlist on the ISU channel. :)

~ I have not included above all the links to individual segments.
To see the segment links on the general page at the link at the top of this post:
- Scroll down and look at the left for the column with the heading of "Playlists."
- Click on "Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance."
- On the menu that drops down, click on "2014/15 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating."
- At the right will appear all the links to the individual segment videos listed in the OP.​

[Forgive me if I am the last to know -- but the non-geoblocking of the GPF video is a surprise to me, b/c the archived video of TEB (for example) remains geoblocked.
And yes, I am talking about the GPF. :) Not a typo for JGPF.]

Last edited by a moderator:

katia

On the Ice
you are not the last, I also did not know that archived stuff is NOT geoblocked.
tks for info

leolion11

On the Ice
Is that link the exact link? I clicked on it but it led me to the livestream for the ISU World Cup short track and I couldn't find the playlist for the GPF... :confused:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is that link the exact link? I clicked on it but it led me to the livestream for the ISU World Cup short track and I couldn't find the playlist for the GPF... :confused:

On the home page for the ISU Skating Channel (at the link at the top of the OP), scroll down and look at the left for the column with the heading of "Playlists."

Click on "Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance."

On the menu that drops down, click on "2014/15 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating."

At the right will appear all the links to the individual segment videos listed in the OP.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

Tsuzuriko

Rinkside
Thank you :bow:

I'd never guess, that such an option exists :laugh:

I like videos without commentary, so this is what i was looking for, thanks again.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Thanks so much for the link! It was nice to see the medal ceremonies - the men were especially adorable. Does anyone know what those stuffed animals were supposed to be?

leolion11

On the Ice
On the home page at the link in the OP, scroll down and look at the left for the column with the heading of "Playlists."

Click on "Single & Pair Skating Ice Dance."

On the menu that drops down, click on "2014/15 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating."

At the right will appear all the links to the individual segment videos listed in the OP.

Enjoy. :)

Oh okay I see it! Thanks so much! :)

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I didn't know this either! I'm surprised that the archives aren't blocked as well, but then again I guess there's no reason for them to now that it's not live :dance:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Brilliant!!! :cheer: :rock: :party2: Now I'm able to catch the FS routines that Eurosport skipped in their highlights packages, without somebody speaking over them in a language I can't understand!!! :biggrin:

By the way, I just clicked on the livestream link, and it says that the livestream will go live in around 10 minutes.

Any idea what it will be showing?

Surely they're not having the Gala this early in the day! (11:50 CET / 10:50 GMT) :eek:

EDIT: It IS the Gala. For more info on how to watch, see the Gala thread I have just created.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I cannot wait for next weekend when I can sit down and watch all this material! It'll be a long working week trying to get settled in again after Barcelona, but totally worth it with this at the end of it. Thanks for the headsup!