Ice Chips Show (Boston, MA) | Golden Skate

Ice Chips Show (Boston, MA)

Chele615

Rinkside
Brenda and I just got back from our second Ice Chips show of the day. There were lots of little kids skating in the first half and then the big name skaters came at the very end. Miki Ando had a rough go at it during the first show. She either popped or fell on every jump. Her second show was much better!

Loren Galler-Rabinowitz and David Mitchell performed as well. They had a little misstep in the second show and ended up falling on top of each other before the actual ending...which ironically they do fall on top of each other ;)

Michael Weiss did what Michael Weiss does...aka the "tornado/Mike Pike", a backflip, and he used his freedom blades. He skated his "Centerfold" program and his patriotic program...I think its his long.

Scott Smith skated to "Black Balloon" by the Goo Goo Dolls. He was great in both shows....landed everything and smiled throughout. He looked like he was having a good time.

Hilary Gibbons and Justin Pekarek also performed to Josh Groban's "You're Still You". It was a pretty performance and skated well. Hard to believe they're retiring.

And of course...saving the best for last: Katie Orscher and Garrett Lucash. They are wonderful!! They skated to a new exhibition program to "Air" by Bach...the techno version. They had some new moves in there as well and they wowed the crowd!! They also donned Red Sox shirts and Katie had on a Red Sox hat for their part in the finale. Considering the show was in Boston, they know how to work a crowd. In the second show, Katie fell on the throw. She looked like she had it and then the next minute she was sitting down. It's ok...we love her anyway ;)

One of Katie and Garrett's new moves...

More photos will come soon from Brenda!

spicykiwi

Spectator
Thanks for the pictures, Chele. They look great!

Do you know what music Loren and David used? Looks like a new program.
Also, could you tell me how Cepican and Lichtor did? They're one of my favorite young teams.

Thanks!

Chele615

Rinkside
Cepican and Lichter (probably just butchered their names) did really well. They skated to a 50's medley...mainly remember "Heartbreak Hotel" being in there. Brenda and I were calling her the "sassy girl" because she was really into everything that they did...and they were in a bunch of the group numbers.

I've seen Loren and David's program before (at the Lace Up for Leukemia show in Marlboro a couple months ago). Unfortunately I don't know the music but it wasn't anything that they competed with this season. They have a very promising future and I can't wait to see what they have ready for next season!

BittyBug

On the Ice
Cepican and Lichtor skated their OD from this past season, so you can probably find the music in the skater biographies for 2004 Nationals.

Loren and David skated to Minnie the Moocher.