Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Nationals, Sochi 24-28 Dec 2014

Country
Russia
Event site http://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/491-chempionat-rossii-rostelekom-2015.html
Competition Schedule http://fsrussia.ru/sorevnovaniya/491-chempionat-rossii-rostelekom-2015.html
Entries/Results http://fsrussia.ru/results/1415/rusnat/index.htm
Russian Language.

(time Moscow)
25 Dec 2014
14:00-16:30 - Men SP
17:45-19:45 - Pairs SP
20:00-21:30 - Dance SD

26 Dec 2014
14:00-16:30 - Ladies SP
16:45-19:45 - Men FS
20:00-21:45 - Dance FD

27 Dec 2014
15:00-17:05 - Pairs FS
17:15-20:00 - Ladies FS

28 Dec 2014
13:00-13:45 - Medal Ceremonies
14:00-16:30 - Exhibition Gala

Last edited:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Well, at least I won't be "forced" (by my duty to follow my favourite discipline live) to watch the Ladies SP on Christmas day as I did last year :laugh:

LisaM

Medalist
Going to have to miss most of the 25th (especially SD I'm sad about) but thankfully I can watch all of the 26th and 27th. :)

hanca

Record Breaker
It is sad that no Volosozhar-Trankov, Sotnikova and Bobrova-Soloviev. On the other hand, the positive is that other skaters have chance to compete and be sent to Europeans, maybe even win there. For example, because of the debt in ladies, Pogorilaya has never been to Europeans, neither has Radionova because she was too young. As long as Adelina is back next season in full strength, I see it quite good to give chance other skaters. The same with Volosozhar-Trankov being off. It gives a chance for Kavaguti-Smirnov and Stolbova-Klimov fight for the gold medal, and also it gives opportunity another pair compete (maybe Tarasova-Morozov? Or Astahova-Rogonov? or Bazarova-Deputat?) Same with Bobrova-Soloviev - them not competing at Europeans would give a chance to couples who has never competed at Europeans. That could help in their ranking, and also with their PCS in the future. Monko-Khaliavin have never been to Europeans. Neither have Stepanova-Bukin.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does Russia show their Nationals online free? I really want to watch!

Last year, it was shown on Спорт-2 (so the normal livestream links we have been using all season for this channel should work) as well as on sportbox.ru.

I can't remember if sportbox.ru was geo-blocked. But now that we have all discovered Hola, there shouldn't be a problem even if it is.

Hard to believe it is only 6 days away!!! Oh, the excitement!!!

I'll have to get the Predictions thread up this morning...

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: Just realised - I know we've had confirmations of certain people not competing, but do we have an actual entry list yet? Because I can't make the Predictions thread until we do.

Last edited:

Harbour Man

Spectator
Could someone please inform me on how I can watch The Russian Nationals on TV, whilst I reside in the United Kingdom. Sadly the Eurosport schedule does not show any reference to this event. Or will I have to wait until the details are put on You Tube.
Many thanks.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Could someone please inform me on how I can watch The Russian Nationals on TV, whilst I reside in the United Kingdom. Sadly the Eurosport schedule does not show any reference to this event. Or will I have to wait until the details are put on You Tube.
Many thanks.

No, I'm afraid Eurosport does not show the Russian Nationals.

But, fear not. I am in the UK too, and I had no bother watching ALL of it on the internet last year.

We just have to wait (until probably a few days beforehand) for some of our members who can read Russian to find out exactly what is being shown where and when.

Hope this re-assures you

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
(time Moscow)
25 Dec 2014
14:00-16:30 - Men SP
17:45-19:45 - Pairs SP
20:00-21:30 - Dance SD

Do we know the order of skaters?
The things is that Moscow is +3 hours difference with Italy, and on the 25th is the Christmas lunch, which last forever :rolleye:. So, I'm afraid I'll miss most Men and all Pairs, but I think I can make it in time for most ID couples.

I'm definitely skipping Santo Stefano’s Lunch on the 26th though.

Last edited:

mnm464

On the Ice
Can you or someone else send me the links? I train and am friends with Nikita and Victoria and I really want to see them skate!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can you or someone else send me the links? I train and am friends with Nikita and Victoria and I really want to see them skate!

They will pop up soon. If you use Hola you'll be able to access the Eurosport links. Hahasports.com offers links but the adverts are annoying. Just keep checking the threads over here. There are some posters like mao88 or dorrispulaski that will post videos within a few minutes of the event happening. Stay tuned. I watch all of the events via GS:)

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
EDIT: Just realised - I know we've had confirmations of certain people not competing, but do we have an actual entry list yet? Because I can't make the Predictions thread until we do.

According to some posts on VK, the official entry list may not be published until the 24th! I cannot vouch for the validity of that information, just passing along what I read - hopefully we will get something before then. Otherwise it will be a mad scramble to get the predictions in on time. Of course, we more or less know who the main players will be and it's not too likely that some really obscure skater will make the top 6...so I am working on my list already.